• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3.1 will not activate?

#1 Waldo
...Howdy!

...I have been using LR5 and LRT2.3 for almost 2 months now with no problems on a newly built PC...Not working right now so using the LRT evaluation copy, btw...

...LRT2.3 stopped working once 3.1 came out, so downloaded the zip file and used the installer, and all went seemingly well, but when I try to start the prog, the small rectangular 'welcome' window appears with the desert-vid and LRT title text on it...but after several seconds it fades to just a black rectangle, which hangs there for minutes, and the I get this error message:

"ERROR! Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
ERROR! a fatale exception has occurred. Program will exit."

...And then it does exit!...I uninstalled Java and reinstalled the latest version, but it was what I already had on the PC. I have uninstalled LRT3.1 and reinstalled it several times, but Still get the same error message?!

...I am wondering if it could be a possible compatibility problem?...

...I am running Windoze 8, 64-bit home version, with an Intel Core i7 3770K Quad Processor 3.5Ghz, a Geforce 660 card, and 32 GB of DDR3L-1600 ram onboard...
( I saved up for 10-years to get this cotton-pickin machine! )....

...No other program using Java has complained so far, so curious if anyone else has
had issues with similar configs?...( Windoze-8 is a real pain in the ass, frankly, as not a lot of drivers have been written for it for some older hardware...)...

...Does anyone have any Ideas?...Thoughts?....Fixes?.....It is very frustrating, as I can no longer even run LRT 2.3...so I am stuck!

...Any help would be greatly appreciated, folks!...Thanks!.....Cheers!.......Waldo.....
#2 Gunther
There should be no difference between LRT2 and LRT3 in terms of Java usage.
You can still use the LRT2.3.2 if you have a License (download on the download page).

Make sure to have installed the 64bit (!) java from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp - uninstall all other java instances before.

Try the alternative launcher (large-mem) (Start menu -> argh W8... ;-)) but somewhere the must be installed - at least in the programs folder.

Try W7 compatibility mode (right mouse on LRTimelapse shortcut, settings) if nothing else helps.
I didn't experience any problems on my W8 tests - but I'm not using it in a production environment...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Waldo
(2013-08-21, 01:30)gwegner Wrote: There should be no difference between LRT2 and LRT3 in terms of Java usage.
You can still use the LRT2.3.2 if you have a License (download on the download page).

Make sure to have installed the 64bit (!) java from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp - uninstall all other java instances before.

Try the alternative launcher (large-mem) (Start menu -> argh W8... ;-)) but somewhere the must be installed - at least in the programs folder.

Try W7 compatibility mode (right mouse on LRTimelapse shortcut, settings) if nothing else helps.
I didn't experience any problems on my W8 tests - but I'm not using it in a production environment...

...Howdy, Gunther!

...OK..See?...This is why you can program and I do not!...LOL!....

...I made the mistake of following the 'recommended' version of Java when I reinstalled, and that is the 32-bit version, which is WHY I have been having problems with LRT 3.1....As soon as I followed YOUR advice and reinstalled the correct 64-bit version of Java, your program started properly and promptly!

...My humble apologies!...But Thank You for responding so quickly...and with excellent suggestions which solved the problem....

..FYI:...I do not actually work in a production-environment much of the time, as I am a free-lance digital visual-fx artist, so this is my home/office machine..

...Earlier this year I got into time-lapse for my own outside interests, as I do a lot of Nature-photography..and this is how I discovered your Excellent program!...

...( As soon as a new paying project comes my way, I will buy the licensed version, and that is a promise, mien Herr! )..

...BTW:...I bought your eBook about a month ago, and it is Great!.....

...Thank you again!..........Cheers!.............Waldo...........
#4 richparry
I own LRT 2.3.2 (private version). Been using version 2 for almost a year. I just downloaded and installed 3.1 (I did not buy it yet). Now 2.3.2 appears to be gone. I no longer see it in the Windows Control Panel of installed programs nor do I see it in CTonguerogram Files. I see only LRTimelapse 3, version 2 is gone.

I did a search of my entire "C" drive and there is no results for LRT 2, only LRT 3. I've not spent days or hours on this, but I believe something is very wrong. What happened to 2.3.2?

BTW, version 3.1 appears to be working fine, but version 2.3.2 is gone.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro,
Rich in San Diego, CA

(2013-08-21, 01:30)gwegner Wrote: There should be no difference between LRT2 and LRT3 in terms of Java usage.

Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 Gunther
The LRT3 installer uninstalls the LRT2. If you want to go back to LRT2, just uninstall LRT3 and install 2.3.2 from the download site again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 richparry
Gunther, thank you for the quick response. I guess I wasn't expecting 2.3.2 to be removed when I installed 3.1. It is not a problem, I am sure I will be happy with 3.1.

thanks again,
Rich in San Diego, CA
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.

...also check out: