• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 way holy grail with MX3 and Nikon D750

#1 MannyFingers
Hi everyone..

Newbie to the forum here. Loving LRT4 lots! Big Grin

I have been trying to get 3-way holy grail working as per Gunters tutorial with my Nikon D750, MX3 and Qdslrdashboard and its intervalometer, but im having problems getting the motion control to trigger using the PC port.

I have the MX3 set to external and ending in the Aux I/O parameters as per the DP manual, and the PC port cable plugged into Aux A (or B, tried both) but the dslrdashboard intervalometer just ticks along taking shots, but no motion is triggered after the shots. Ive tried it in/out of live view mode, tried combinations of timing to see if there was any overlaps, The cables, PC port adapter etc are new and in good condition, so I dont think it is those. Im starting to pull my hair out to be honest... Hoping someone has some clues on what I might be missing?

Thanks
#2 Gunther
I have no experience with the MX3, but if it's only for the flickerless aperture that I described in the "True Holy Grail Article" - I'd like to tell you that I don't use that technique anymore, since it's just easier to shoot straight away with the controller triggering the camera and deflickering with LRT4's visual deflicker. It gets rid of all deflicker, so I don't worry about the aperture anymore.
The only advantage of the qDDB's timer ist the ability to ramp the interval.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: