• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 workflows and LRTimelapse 3 export/render

#1 1tio1
Hi Gunther,

So you've implemented not only 1 but 3 workflows in LRTimelapse. Does that mean you only need to run through one of them to complete your sequence, just based on the needs for that sequence? As in, 'oh I don't need to deflicker and HG because the blue line doesn't show any sudden changes that need to be corrected'?

Okay, but then, what if you need to deflicker when doing a HG?

That about the workflows.

Now, I'm going to explain to you what I understand about the export/render process in the new version, LRTimelapse 3.
You use LR4/5 to process all the images (basically). When that's done, you just export the files as JPEGs to a specific folder. For that you're using an LRTimelapse plugin. Now all the frames got the same kind of name like LRT_0000x.jpeg, right? When that's done, LRTimelapse automatically shows you a dialog with export settings and off you go and render. I hope I understood that right.

Okay, now the questions.

Does that plugin come with LRTimelapse 3 if you download it?

Do all the files from different timelapses have the same named frames as mentioned above? So the only difference is the place where those frames are on your hard drive? No way to rename them? Is it only in that type of name they'll work with the export module?

Can you render more than one sequence in a time? Does that slow down too much to see the difference between doing 2 at a time or just one by one after each other? The same with LR4/5, did you find the exporting going faster when you export 2 sequences after each other instead of exporting at the same time?

In those export settings, the Prores codec, does that one come with LRTimelapse as well if you're purchasing a private or commercial license?

Speaking of purchasing, is the current version of LRTimelapse 3 already the final one, or is it still a beta version?

Thanks in advance, a lot of questions, I know, but take your time... :p
#2 Gunther
(2013-08-03, 16:26)1tio1 Wrote: So you've implemented not only 1 but 3 workflows in LRTimelapse. Does that mean you only need to run through one of them to complete your sequence, just based on the needs for that sequence? As in, 'oh I don't need to deflicker and HG because the blue line doesn't show any sudden changes that need to be corrected'?
Normally you choose the workflow according to the sequence type.

Quote:Okay, but then, what if you need to deflicker when doing a HG?
then switch to the deflicker tab in the last step and activate deflicker.

Quote:Does that plugin come with LRTimelapse 3 if you download it?
Sure, it will be installed automatically, on mac you get an "addons" installer for codecs, plugins, templates etc.

Quote:Do all the files from different timelapses have the same named frames as mentioned above? So the only difference is the place where those frames are on your hard drive? No way to rename them? Is it only in that type of name they'll work with the export module?
Yes, currently it's like that - but that's temporary sequences that are meant to be deleted after finishing all rendering.

Quote:Can you render more than one sequence in a time? Does that slow down too much to see the difference between doing 2 at a time or just one by one after each other? The same with LR4/5, did you find the exporting going faster when you export 2 sequences after each other instead of exporting at the same time?
Lightroom can render more than on sequence at a time, as each of them is finished it will be handed over to LRTimelase where they will be enqueued and rendered each one after the other, but LRTimelapse rendering will make better use of the multiprocessing so the final video export is very fast.

Quote:In those export settings, the Prores codec, does that one come with LRTimelapse as well if you're purchasing a private or commercial license?
Check out http://lrtimelapse.com/features
for the differences between versions.

Quote:Speaking of purchasing, is the current version of LRTimelapse 3 already the final one, or is it still a beta version?
It's the 3.0 final. But this does not mean there will be no 3.1 etc. - but all 3.x will be free of charge.

Quote:Thanks in advance, a lot of questions, I know, but take your time... :p
You are welcome.
best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: