• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4k export "jumping" when 1080 doesn't

#1 MountainWanderer
Hi, I've recently come back to playing with timelapse after a bit of time doing other things. So at the moment still on LRT2.32 with LR4.

An upcoming project requires 4k output, so have been experimenting with this in advance of the work.

But I'm finding a very strange effect.

Output at 4k gives a regular but noticeable "jump" between groups of frames.

Output at 1080 of the same sequence (no other differences) doesn't.

Can anyone help?

Undoubtedly I've missed some vital setting somewhere ;-)
#2 Gunther
You could try the new Export Module in LRTimelapse 3. It delivers way better results than the old rendering from Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MountainWanderer
So it's not that I've missed something... ?

OK, was trying to delay the crossgrade until I start the work ;-) but downloaded and will trial LRT3 to see if that sorts it.

Thanks for quick reply.
#4 Gunther
It's not a known problem if you mean this, normally the 4K Export from LR worked as well, but it was totally unsupported by Adobe and there was nothing I could to "fix" for that old export if something did not work.

Just try LRT3, I'm sure you will definitely enjoy it.
#5 MountainWanderer
Ah, I see Smile

However, I've just run the photos through LRT3/LR5 - got to the export popup and it's not giving me the option for anything above 1080p. Tried both Tif and Jpg (before I saw that Tif was LRT Pro only)

Is it not possible to do this in the demo version? (Even with a smaller number of files - as the issue I had in LRT2 would show up with less than 5s of final timelapse...)
#6 Gunther
The demo version allows to render up to full HD only. If you want, I could send you a test key for a couple of days, please drop me an email If you would like one.
#7 MountainWanderer
Just a quick update - and thanks to Gunther for his help in getting to the bottom of this.

It seems it takes a vast amount more processing power to playback 4k footage than it does to create it in LRT...

So the fact that it was jumping was down to my rig (which is set up for 1080 editing rather than 4k) not the export itself...

And my client (who needs the timelapse exported as 4k and has a machine capable of editing 4k footage) is able to play back my 4k export fine.

...also check out: