• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4K Rendering Problem

#1 SHYBULL
Hello. After upgrading to the latest version of LR and installing the latest DNG converter, I cannot render video in 4K. It results in a black movie. I can render in 3K, but not 4K. Previously I have had no problem doing so. Please help. Am I missing something?

Also as a side questions (sorry I didn't check the FAQ), if I have the RAW (NEF) files in the same folder as the JPG files, will LRT4 use the RAW files only? I did not import them through LRT4, they were already on my computer.

Thank you in advance. I LOVE your app!!!!

BTW I am running LRTL on my iMac 27 (2013) 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 with Yosemite 10.10.5 (Just occurred to me, should I be running El Capitan?)
#2 Gunther
I guess it's rather a problem with your player. LRTimelapse allows rendering with settings that exceed the official MP4 specs. You'll get a warning in the render dialog. Especially when rendering in 4K and in 3:2 aspect ratio, this might happen.
Try checking "Force 16:9" Aspect ratio when rendering. Or try VLC player on mac.

Normally LRTimelapse ignores the JPGs with the same file name then the raws, so will Lightroom. However I'd recommend to delete those JPGs or move them to another folder with your finder to prevent any problems.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 SHYBULL
Thanks for your quick reply. As with everything that I ask help with, the problem suddenly disappears once I ask for help. Or I'm just dense.... All the videos that I rendered in 4K that played as "black", now work perfectly! So problem solved. 

Thank you!

...also check out: