• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

50/60FPS video renders

#1 NobilisBellator
Hello Gunther,

I have been using the Pro version to render timelapse sequences in 6K and it works flawlessly. But in the last few days I needed to render at higher frame rates and noticed that when I want to select the 50fps or 60fps parameters these speeds do not really exist. I thought that perhaps it was your way of showing them by simply using 25fps x2 or 30fpsx2 and that the rendered video would come out in the corresponding Freame Rate Perscond.

In fact they do come out faster ie if a sequence has 500 shots at 25fps it would end up as a 20 second clip and at 50fps it would end up at 10 seconds duration. That much is great and it's what LRTimelapse video render does.

But when I open these clips in Premiere Pro or After Effects the normal looking file that I got from LRTimelapse rendering is now seen as a 25fps or 30fps when in reallity I rendered them at 50 or 60fps using LRtimelpase render engine.

If I ask PP or AE to interpret the footage they take the file LRTimelpase generate and reduce it by half again so a 10 second clip now becomes 5 seconds.

It looks and feels as if the amount of frames generate by the LRTimelapse render is reduced and does not have the 500 images that the initial sequence has.

Can you please shead some light into this, I need to understand what is happening.

Many thanks
#2 Gunther
Hi, the slow down or accelerate features (2x, 4x etc..) will always either skip frames or double frames. This is only for quickly speeding up or slowing down the footage.
I suggest you export always with regular speed.
When exporting Time Lapse the fps will only be a information added for the player. It does not matter, if you export 24, 25 or 30 fps. The file sizes are the same. It's only the player that will play faster / slower.
So, if you need 60fps, just export with one of the available fps settings and "interpret footage" in Premiere as 60fps. This will speed up - of course - but you will still have all images being used.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 NobilisBellator
Thank you Gunther, that's a bit more clear and I understand how it works now.

Best regards

...also check out: