• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5dMarkIII vs 6D

#1 davidblumenfeld
Hi there,

I have a big video project coming up and will be using some time-lapse for it. I now have a 60D and 5DMarkII, but the intervalometer plug on the 5D MarkII is not working-so, I want to upgrade and wondering between the 6D vs the 5DMarkIII for time-lapse. Any thoughts/opinions? The wifi on the 6D looks like it could be a good feature for "Holy Grail", and the low light looks impressive, as well...thoughts? Thanks.
#2 Gunther
The 6D has a great sensor, it outperforms the 5D and even the Nikons in terms of high ISO performance. I use it for time lapse, although I normally shoot Nikons.
However currently the 6D's builtin WiFi is not supported by DslrDashboard, but you can use the TP-Link solution, see: http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 davidblumenfeld
(2014-01-05, 20:32)gwegner Wrote: The 6D has a great sensor, it outperforms the 5D and even the Nikons in terms of high ISO performance. I use it for time lapse, although I normally shoot Nikons.
However currently the 6D's builtin WiFi is not supported by DslrDashboard, but you can use the TP-Link solution, see: http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/

Thanks for the info. How does it perform in terms of shooting normal video (compared to MarkIII? I read about Moire and Aliasing - Thanks
#4 richparry
About 6 months I was in the exact same position. For me, I decided on the 5DM3, the biggest reason for me was ergonomics. The M2 and M3 are similar sizes with similar buttons in similar locations.

When I am shooting at night, I shoot with both the M2 and M3, I know where the buttons are without seeing them, I am happy with my decision.

Ergonomics wasn't the only reason, just the biggest reason.

Rich in San Diego,
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.

...also check out: