• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A couple of questions

#1 AlexKC
Hi!

I can say that I'm a sort of newbie as a LRT user, but sure I'm not a beginner with photography and TL in general.

But before now I did all the workflow manually. Of course a good result, but a huge waste of time as well. So I tried LRT and I fell in love with it.

I'm working on a big video right now and most of my workflow has been done several weeks ago, most of exposure compensation and deflickering too. Now I'd like to know if I can deflicker the sequences where I already manually set the exposure. I realized that LRT deals with original unedited files, so I don't know if there's a way for it to interpret my exposure adjustments.

Other question: I have several sequences of the Milky Way and I'm not sure what's the best way to 'move' the adjustment pins I used in LR. I mean, LRT doesn't deal with different pins (example: first selective pin in the middle of the frame and last pin on the far right where Milky Way arrives at the end of the sequence).

Ciao
Alessandro
#2 AlexKC
Ok, I can only use 3 gradient filters and two radial filters - I think they can be enough for that! Smile

But still I'd like to know about using previous metadata for the exposure etc. and go only with Deflickering.
#3 Gunther
Hi Alex,
Deflickering will take place on the exposure curve. If you already finished doing the regular keyframe editing and applied the transitions, you can just go to the deflicker workflow tab and activate deflicker. This will deflicker based on the original previews.

If you have done heavy adjustments when editing, deflickering the output might be a better option. For this just load the intermediary sequence exported from Lightroom via LRTExport into LRTImelapse. Agree to the warning. Then just deflicker that JPG sequence. Bring it into lightroom and render again.

This two step deflickering is explained in my EBook in depth, see signature.

Regarding the gradients: just use the predefined gradients. They will get animated.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 AlexKC
Thanks for your answer! I bought the book, but didn't read everything yet - I'll do that.

Alessandro
#5 FawadFarooq
hi i am in problem
i made time lapse of mountain in manual mode with same exposure and aperture there is no deflickering but there is a problem of changing sunlight changing sky brightness due to moving clouds whick creates flickering how to fix this issue in lrtime lapse its was shoot in (I hour ) For 8 seconds video Timing of shooting 12 Pm To 1 Pm
#6 Gunther
you can use deflicker as well to ease the shadows of passing clouds a bit, but that's a natural phenomenon, you won't be able to get rid of it totally, and that's not necessary as well.
Additional when editing the keyframes in lightroom, make sure to increase the shadows and pull down the highlights, that lower the contrast a bit an make the sequence look more pleasant.
#7 FawadFarooq
https://vimeo.com/104062262
Here its a clip of the timpelapse video
i will be very glad if you see it and tell me is there any problem
#8 Gunther
That's heavy flicker indeed. You should try to avoid that next time when shooting, for example by fully opening the aperture. This is all explained in my EBook.
You could try to deflicker. Set a reference area to the mountains. Check my deflicker tutorial in the tutorial section.
#9 FawadFarooq
Thank you for your help

...also check out: