• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alternative to Match total exposure?

#1 stefan_nicolae
Hi all,

Is there any alternative to get the 2 key-frames have the same exposure, apart from the "Match total exposure" - I will call it MTE?

My 2 year old sun was curious and he played with the camera's focus ring while none of us was paying attention, and we realized after an hour or so. In this time the exposure changed quite alot. I fixed the focus, but I ended up with basically 3 sets of images (set 1 and 3 are correctly focused while set 2 are wrong).

I was planing to remove all de-focused frames, and try to use MTE to match the last image in the first sequence with the first image in the last sequence together, but MTE does NOT work correctly in this case, because it uses the exif data for the matching.

I was thinking to try to match the exposure manually as much as possible and then try to run the "2 passes" deflicker Gunther described in another post?!?

Any better ideas?

Thanks, Stefan
#2 Gunther
Hi, Match Total Exposures does nothing else than change the exposure in Lightroom. You can do this manually, it will give you the same or even better results. Most of the time after MTE is executed a manual fine tuning is needed anyway.
So just copy the settings from the left HG-keyframe to the right and then shift the exposure slider until they look similar.

In the next version of LRTimelapse I'm going to release soon, Lens Tagging will be included so MTE will work even for manual lenses when Exif-Data is missing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: