• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Always only two keyframes

#1 dennisdilaura
Trying to process a holy grail timelapse. I change the number of keyframes to more than two but I still only get two, first and last.
#2 Gunther
So you loaded the sequence into LRTimelapse then did the keyframes wizard. Now you can drag the slider to create more keyframes. Do you see them appearing in the preview as blue diamond symbols? Please describe in detail what you are trying to do and where you encounter the issues.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dennisdilaura
Only 2 shots with a blue diamond first and last. All other shots have orange "arrows" pointed right (half diamond). When I move the slider to get more keyframes, nothing changes.
#4 Gunther
If all other images have the orange arrow "keyframes" then there is no space for regular keyframes.
It's very uncommon to have those orange markers on every image. Those markers are used to mark the positions, where the camera settings were changed when shooting in M Mode according to the Holy Grail method. It's required to leave 2-3 frames minimum between any camera adjustment.
Also normally you do the keyframes wizard before the holy grail wizard, which would not let your situation happen.

I assume, your camera might have shot in A or P mode, where the holy grail wizard is not required and not supported. It such a case you don't use the holy grail wizard at all but do the smoothing via "Visual Deflicker".

Please start over with that sequence with "Metadata / Initialize". Then do the Keyframes Wizard, now you can set as many keyframes as you need. Only use the holy grail wizard, if the blue curve has the typical zig-zag shape. Watch my tutorials to learn how it works and when to use the Holy Grail wizard: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 dennisdilaura
Thanks, I think I figured it out. The lens used was a Rokinon on a Canon 6D. At the outset LRTimelapse asks if I want to add an aperture. If I check "no" all shots (except first and last) have an orange arrow. If "yes" and choose an aperture I can set more keyframes. (I was in Manual mode and changing exposure every few frames).

One other question please, while shooting at night, headlights from cars driving by overexposed a tree in my foreground. Is the only solution to convert all the RAWS to JPGs and fix the bad frames in photoshop? Then do a Timelapse with all JPGS?
Thank you for your time!!!
#6 MartinS
Hello,
thanks for the question, I had exactly the same problem but with this thread I was able to solve it in 2 minutes. It's a long time ago since I used a manual lens and I didn't remember to choose an aperture manually (also just clicked "no" when the question popped up).

...also check out: