• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Animate the Crop sizes

#1 olifel
Hello, good morning to everyone.
I'm a Lrtimelapse user, I began to try the new version of LRT 3, but I find some problems to animate the crop. these problems were not present in the previous version.

After the correct workflow of import e post producing images in Lightroom4, I reload pictures in LRT, click on auto transition and it appears this:

"This sequence holds different crop-sizes.

To avoid problems when rendering it's recommended to:
. use the same crop size for the whole sequence in LRTimelapse,
.export in 3k or 4K and then
do any ken-burns-style animations later in video post processing.

Do you want to equalize the crop settings?(recommended)"

Now, I don't wanna work with 3k or 4k video file, in the previous version I could easily do this animation. Now if I say "YES" to equalize the crop settings in practice the the animation is cancelled, if I say "NO" the animation remain but the video is jerky and not fluid, The rendering doesn't work very well.

P.S. I have the Pro Template.

Thanks a lot
Enrico
#2 Gunther
Animation of crops has always been a compromise.
Lightroom crops to full pixels, this might lead to jitter, especially when using low resolution images.
The new Render engine introduced wit LRT3 does not work with sequences with different crops, thus I introduced the warning. If you still use LR4 and the pro templates, nothing changes for you, just dismiss the warning.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 olifel
Hi Gunther, thanks for your answer.
Ok I understand, in fact last clips I realized were taken in sRaw. However, I tried this:
- I rejected the warning message, then Lr reload metadata, then I exported the full Lr sequence in a jpg sequence as you suggest in tutorial for using Lr5, and I let Lrt to render video. The result is fine, Clip is no more jittered, but by this way I lose my Pro Template.
What do you suggest to me for the moment?
Take larger picture or export by lightroom a 4k video?
thanks a lot.
Enrico
#4 Gunther
You don't need the pro templates anymore.
If it works just do like you did.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: