• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker relative exposure instead of absolute

#1 aaronpriest
Hi Gunther,

I have a timelapse sequence where I had left the camera's exposure compensation at -1EV and used auto exposure. So I added +1 EV to the exposure in Lightroom on all the photos. I'd like to deflicker it with LRTimelapse, and it is using an absolute value for exposure instead of a relative one from the +1 setting. Is there any way around this or would it require a new feature in a future version? Not a big deal to me as it is an HDR sequence and I can still recover shadows OK; it was more a curiosity. Has anyone else ever requested this?
#2 Gunther
Hi Aaron,
LRTimelapse always deflickers "relative". So just run through the deflicker workflow, edit your keyframes in Lightroom or ACR with +1 or whatever, save Metadata, reload in LRT - apply any transitions and then Deflicker. This will use your edits as basis for deflickering.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 aaronpriest
Strange it did not for me, tried several times, however it did not start from the +1EV basis but rather 0. It would appear to be fine in the preview window until I saved out the XMP files and loaded them in Lightroom, then the preview window in LRTimelapse would no longer show +1 either. Maybe because I was using the HDR deflickering workflow?
#4 Gunther
Hmm, I don't know - maybe the metadata did not travel correctly?
Please check this faq entry as well.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-meta...ng-applied
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: