• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Transition With Keyframes Problem

#1 tomsalyer
1) I'm following your LR Timelapse Tutorial V1.4, trying to compensate for a big exposure jump during a sunrise by adjusting the ISO by one stop. I set a key frame on photo 1, in LR, with one star, adjusted it darker. Key frames 2 and 3 are neighbors, representing the big jump, and I made them look identical in LR. Key frame 4 is the last photo, I made it look normal daylight. I saved the metadata in LR. Reloaded in LR Timelapse, I can see the 4 key frames. I hit "Auto Keyframes" button, and nothing happens. My blue lines shows the exposure variations, including the big jump, but the yellow line does not budge, is a straight line. Consequently, my images receive no new information and, back in LR, are the same as before. What am I missing? Using LR Timelapse 1.6 Tenerife RC3.

2) Assuming I get my yellow line to correct the exposure jump, do I then bring the images back into LR TIme Lapse and perform a deflicker?

Thanks, Tom, Miami

#2 Gunther
How did you correct the exposure jump to make it look similar - did you use the exposure slider? The yellow line shows exposure. If for example you corrected via the brightness slider, you must change the combobox underneath the preview to "brightness" to show that parameter.
If it still doesn't work, please send a screenshot where I can see the parameters in the table at the right side.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tomsalyer
Your correct (of course). I made key frame images 3 and 4, the sister pair, look the same in LR with the Brightness slider. Back in LR Timelapse, when I toggle under the graph to "Brightness", I now see the white graph compensating for the big exposure jump.

I then hit save again (which I'm sure I did before the first time I posted and was looking at the yellow exposure graph), re-read the meta data in LR, and sure enough all the exposures look evened out!

I see flickering, also indicated by the blue graph, so how should I proceed now?

Again, thanks. Tom

#4 Gunther
Hi to deflicker follow the instructions described here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...red-curves

#5 tomsalyer
Just had chance to get back to project ... LR Timelapse deflickered my time lapse very very well. Thanks!

#6 sinjin
I too am having problems with the auto transition with key frames.

I am working on v.1.8 and have a rather large sequence of about 4,000 images loaded. They were taken during the course of a day and three times I changed my exposure slightly. I have keyframed the whole sequence and corrected the images in LR using a variety of sliders, exposure among them. When I load metadata into LRTimelapse, the yellow line recognizes and shows the changes on the key frames (there are about 8 of them), but when I try to create an auto transition, the program levels out all the exposure keyframes to 0, essentially trashing all the changed exposure metadata tand giving me a flat yellow line. The other settings, however, WB, fill, etc, are all effected and I get nice transitional curves. I only have the problem with altered exposure settings. If I reload the metadata without saving changes, I get my doctored keyframes back.

It is maybe also worth noting that I am working with jpegs, not RAW. Please help!

Thanks
#7 Gunther
Hi Sinjin,
would you please check for me:
  • Have you set the right process version (LR3 vs. LR4)
  • Is the Exposure column (LR3) or the Exposure2012 column (LR4) completely filled with values?
  • What happens if you move the smoothing slider after turning on deflicker?
  • Does this happen as well when you do the same with a smaller set of images (copy the first 200 images into another folder and try again)
If a smaller set works, please send me the log (you'll find it in the info-menu)

All the best
Gunther
#8 Gunther
Hi Sinjin,
I just found an ugly bug that could lead to this effect in some circumstances. It will be fixed in 1.9.
All the best
Gunther
#9 sinjin
(2012-05-11, 00:05)gwegner Wrote: Hi Sinjin,
I just found an ugly bug that could lead to this effect in some circumstances. It will be fixed in 1.9.
All the best
Gunther

Good to know. Thanks for getting back so quickly. I wanted to try some work-arounds before replying but haven't had the chance yet. Will let you know if I can get it to work.

-Chris
#10 Gunther
See: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-exps...ransitions
The only work around I'm aware of in this case would be to completely reinitialize all images of the sequence.
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: