• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Basic Workflow Question

#1 AlexGrizz
I'm just getting started with LRTL (4.4), am reading the e-book etc and have perused the forums but still I have a few basic questions about the workflow that do not seem to be addressed elsewhere. I am obviously, not a sophisticated software user:

1. I use Lightroom CC to import and process/enhance the images of my timelapse sequences. When I "import" a sequence into LRTL from Lightroom, it appears the adjustments I have made are not carried over - why is that? Should I NOT be adjusting the sequence images in Lighrroom before importing them into LRTL from Lightroom?

2. After importing into LRTL, when I return to Lightroom from LRTL, as instructed, the LRTL Filter does not appear in the list. Any idea why?Where do I create or get this preset?
- When LRTL was installed and the .dmg file opened, there was no "LR Timelapse Add-Ons" folder present, only an installer program and an uninstall command.
- When I open LRTL the "Exifftool" and "ffmmpeg" icons are green, supposedly indicating a successful install.

- Mac OSX..10.9.5

thanks
Alex.
#2 Gunther
Lets begin with 2.: This is your faq for the missing filters/plugins: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt4...-installed

1) If you have already imported the sequence with Lightroom, do not "import" again in LRT, just open the sequence by clicking on the appropriate folder in the folder tree. This will load the sequence and do the initialization. Then go through the first row of buttons (see: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow ) and then go back to Lightroom. Now in Grid View (G) select the whole sequence and "metadata/read metadata from files". Now you start editing the keyframes. It's important to do it in that order. It would be even better to follow the procedure exactly like I outlined it in the instructions linked above.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AlexGrizz
Thanks Guenther. I appreciate the quick reply.
I had to manually open the folder and manually place the presets in each category for it to work. Nonetheless, as I progress to export and render I run into prest problems again: the LRTL prests show up in Lightroom's export window, but when I go to select one (ie. JPG, 4K) it won't allow it and an error screen comes up saying "Can't use plug-in "Export Time-Lapse (LRTimelapse)" "The nil plug-in is not installed or functioning properly.
I have checked the preset folder and the presets are there. I have no idea what the "nil" issue is or how to solve it.
#4 Gunther
Obviously you messed up the installation of the Lightroom extensions. Seems like as if the export plugin is not present (check the Pluginmanager in Lightroom). There is normally no need to install those manually, the installer will take care of the installation for you.
Just make sure that the extensions are not being stored with the catalog (see faq that I linked before).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: