• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Frame Rate for Long Term Construction Time Lapse

#1 Olivia
Hi,

I'm working on putting together a long term construction time lapse and I have a few questions:

Details of the shoot: Photos taken every 15mins for approx 12 hours of the day.

1. Which process gives better results and smoothness to the final video... to select a part of the day, say 10am-12pm each day and use just those photos, or use the filter in the long term construction LR Timelapse module?
  2. What is the best frame rate for Long Term Construction timelapse? 24fps? 25fps? 30fps?
  3. When is the best time to do image stabilization, ie get the photos to all be aligned because the camera moves ever so slightly over the course of a long time.

Thanks in advance,
Olivia
#2 Gunther
1) really depends on the images and the area you are shooting - if the weather changes from day to day, it might not be sufficient to select by time only, that's what the filters are for. They give you great flexibility but you have to experiment a bit too to get good results.
2) It depends what you want to do with the result. Outside europe NTSC (30fps) will probably the best choice if you want to mix it with other footage. In europe PAL (25fps) is more common.
3) It'd do it after the filtering and editing, you can use the intermediary sequence exported from LRTExport to do the stabilizing in after effects for example.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Olivia
Thank you Gunther.

Can you tell me what is the best way to stabilise the footage in after effects. I've spent many hours playing around, particularly with Warp Stabliser VFX with not fantastic results. I want to make the background to not move at all (there is a building in the background that I want to stay still). For some reason though I can't get it to stabilse properly and it is moving around a little bit. Is there a way of telling AE to choose the building in the background to be the point it uses to stabilse the footage? All my google/youtube searching isn't finding me the results.

I've attached a screen shot of the imagery for you to see.

Thanks in advance.
#4 Gunther
If warp stabilizer fails, you might have to use a tracker to stabilize. There are a couple of youtube tutorials out there, just search for them.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Olivia
Do you happen to know any links to any good tutorials. I have been playing with Track Motion and Stabilize Motion without any success.

Thanks in advance.

...also check out: