• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

best post production workflow

#1 plutone
Hi everyone in your opinion what is the best post-production workflow(from RAW of a 5d MarkIII to the final video) for a timelpase composed of ~20 clips of 15-20sec (in total 2-3min) with zoomming and panning(in post) and music that should be published on Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook? (I think in 1080p)
I wait for your thoughts,
thank you : )
#2 Gunther
Export in 4K , High Quality from LRTimelapse.
Cut, add music and make Pan and Zoom in the video Editor.
Export from there in Full HD with max 10MBps for Web Players (YT, Vimeo etc.).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 plutone
Thank you Gunther, so I should use just LTRimelapse and Premiere (and not After Effects, that's right?).
I read that you suggest the Cineform codec but I don't have it in the settings of AE and Premiere? I have to download it from somewhere?
(I have Windows 8.1)
Thanks agian
#4 Gunther
The output codec for the final film that you export from Premiere Pro depends on your needs.
In most of the cases MP4 should be fine, you can then play it on any computer, most tvs, video players etc.
I would only use other codecs, if the clients demand for it. If so, they will normally tell you exactly what they need.
#5 plutone
thank you Gunther
for now I want to upload the video to youtube and vimeo, so what codec or format should I use for the final rendering?
#6 plutone
?????
#7 Gunther
I've already answered that.

You can find detailed information on the pages of the video platforms. For vimeo for example: https://vimeo.com/help/compression

If you would like to directly upload footage from LRTimelapse, choose MP4, medium quality, 720p or 1080p.

...also check out: