• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best way out of after effects and into LRT4 encoder?

#1 willkistler
I use After Effects to stabilize (I have a very cheap tripod, sadly), and determine the final crop for my footage, but I don't like the results I've gotten out of adobe media encoder.  I'm really interested to try out the encoder in LRT4.  If I output an image sequence from After Effects, can I bring it into LRT4 somehow?  What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.
#2 richparry
I've been using AE to create time lapse videos for many years for one of the reasons you mention, because I can stabilize the video if necessary. Even when I don't need to stabilize, I use AE because I can use RAW and do not have to create any intermediaries.

What exactly are you unhappy with ME? What codec are you using and what are you seeing. Do you have something on YouTube or Vimeo to show what you are unhappy with?

What happens if you render in AE CS6 and bypass ME?
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 Wire14
Hi,

its no problem to stabilize the sequence in AE and render it with lrtimelapse. If you output the sequence in AE just tell the programm to name the pictures the same way lightroom renders them lrt_00001 and so on. Then you can start lrtimelapse and choose render videoand select the output from AE

Regards Chris
#4 willkistler
Thanks, Wire14, I'll give it a shot.

richparry, here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL5sT2Pgzek. I rendered out with adobe media encoder, using the youtube 4k preset, and there is still a ton of artifacting in the version you can see there on youtube. I really just want my stuff to look good on youtube OR vimeo, but so far the adobe presets, and the things I've found online about the settings each site prefers have not been getting the results I would like.
#5 Gunther
LRTimelapse uses ffmpeg for rendering, which is known to produce better quality then Adobes Media Encoder.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 yannick_c
Even if you upload lossless timelapses on Youtube/Vimeo, you won't have the best quality due to Youtube compression. I don't know if the fact that you have a Free/Plus/Pro Vimeo account compress the video differently by the way.

Personnaly, I use Adobe Media Encoder. I've changed the Youtube preset and checked "Render at Maximum Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality". I've also put the bitrate at 80Mb/s for 4K (for both min and max bitrate, initially, it's 40) and at 40Mb/s for 1080p (initially, it's 16).

If it's not enough you can go higher but, when, you'll upload it to Youtube or Vimeo, it will be recompressed with lower settings, and you'll get those artifacts back.

If you want to see an exemple with those settings, you can look at the video in my signature (uploaded to youtube and vimeo with a 4K video encoded at 80Mb/s). The orignal video with those settings is great on a 4K TV while the 4K Youtube version as a lot of artefacts on the same TV.
#7 willkistler
Thank everyone for the info. 

Yannick, I knew about how things get re-encoded on youtube, but I'm interested in trying out your method.  Hopefully it gets me the results I'm after.  I know there will always be some compression artifacting, but the less the better!

Thanks everyone.

...also check out: