• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blue and red noise points!

Question
#1 lovaj
Hello folks!

I am an italian guy so sorry for my BAD english! As first thing, I'd like make you understand that I am a noob with the Time Lapse technique, and my photo equipment is very poor: an old Canon EOS 500d with a 18-55mm f3.5-5.6.

However, I shot this sequence some nights ago, with these settings:
Exposure time: 60 sec
ISO: 800
Diafram: I don't rember, but I think something like 4.0

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqsjr1pij_w]

Now, I don't really understand why there are these red and blue dots all around the image! On the original video they are very very easy to see, but on the video that I uploaded on YouTube you can see them a little bit on the bottom left corner (in the black zone of the sea).

I know that there is a lot of noise in ALL the picture (damned old camera XD), but those points are something different from the common noise effects!

Can you help me? Smile I wish to thank everyone that will answer to this thread and that will try to help me, thank you!
#2 Gunther
Sounds like dead pixels. -> Common Sensor problem, especially on older cameras.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lovaj
Like I wrote on the initial (updated with video) post, you can see them a little on the bottom left corner! Do you think that they are caused by the problem that you described in your anwer? However thank you so much! Smile
#4 rcmagraw
One other thing you could try is cleaning the image sensor. A lot of camera's have a built in menu item just for that. Also, another thing you can try is taking a long exposure of an area that is black (You could use a black piece of construction paper.) This in theory is supposed to clean up any artificating left behind on the camera's image sensor.

Hope this helps!
#5 Rowan
How well do you know Lightroom? For the static objects if you use the Spot Removal tool in the Develop Module to cover up the Red & Blue (Fixed) spots in the first picture (or use the picture that they show up the best in) [Work on a virtual copy] and then copy/sync "Local Adjustments - Brush" selected only to the rest of the images just prior to LRTimelapse exporting the .jpgs

If these red/blue pixels are result of dead pixels, keep and update this spot removal "layer" for all of your other photographs.

The moving lights appear to be car lights and associated reflections on the water. The same technique could also be used to remove the two thin blue vertical lines.

Hope this might save your video and work already done in LRTimelapse

...also check out: