• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bug in movie render module ?

#1 spider72
I just got LRT 3 and I was previously working on LRT 2.xx version for over a year.

Anyway, just to check new render module in LRT 3 I have render one of my old sequences previously rendered by LR4 just to compare quality and volumes of rendered movies.

I have used sequence which is 317 frames long with 30 fps speed with default 1:1 speed (should give around 10 sec. sequence). Looking at render progress bar I can see that render process is going over 317 frames till 380 frames. No idea from where is it taking additional non existing frames, then final movie is 12 seconds long (instead of 10 seconds) and is really choppy (jumpy) when compared to old and smooth render from LR4 done on the similar render parameters.

I was using JPG frames (not TIFFs) created by new LRT plugin for movie render export.
#2 Gunther
How many frames are in the intermediate folder where the jpgs are being generated?
Couldn't experience any choppiness yet with the new renderer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 spider72
In intermediate folder is 317 frames as in a original sequence. I didn't delete this folder and I have rendered few more movies using different render qualities (all at 1080 and 30 fps with 1:1 speed) but it always shows on progress bar that module is rendering 380 frames and final movie is always too long (12 sec. instead of 10) and choppy.
#4 spider72
I just loaded this sequence to Premiere Pro and went through the rendered movie frame by frame. Some frames are rendered twice (more or less every 5th or 6th frame) that's why sequence is longer and that's why it looks choppy.

I have also rendered the same clip at 24 fps and this time I have only 305 frames so obviously some frames were skipped.
#5 Gunther
I will look into this.
#6 Gunther
You are right. The encoder always assumes 25fps as input and then transcodes to the other frame rates.
I'm going to fix this as soon as possible.
As a work around please use 25fps and then later in the video processor just "interpret footage" as 30 or 29,7 etc. like you want. Will give you the same results.
Sorry for that - it's the first thing I will fix.
#7 spider72
OK, will do, thanks for a tip.
#8 Gunther
Fixed in LRTimelape 3.1: http://lrtimelapse.com/download
Thank you again for reporting.

...also check out: