• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't figure out why TL starts flickering

#1 weather-photos.net
Hello everyone,

First of all I must say this software is amazing, thanks Gunther for this hard work! For now I am still testing it with some short animations, but am about purchase personal licence in the future for at least support you.

Usually it works just fine and the transition is smooth and not flickering at all. I am all the time shooting in M mode. Today I was shooting the same right after sunset into opposite direction when skies were slowly darkening. Shot about 200 images and the transition from light to dark on the original RAW files (even I look them on my camera display) was perfectly smooth. I then imported to LRTimelapse and started the workflow; intialize... violet line was perfectly smooth... then choosed Ref. area only in the sky... set 2 keyframes (first and last frame), then saved XMP. Opened images in LR, read the XMP and filtered to 1 star, edited as I want and saved XMP on those 2 files. Imported to LR-TL and then went on with the workflow auto transition and skipped deflickering as it was smooth, the violet line was still smooth, then saved XMP. Opened LR, read XMP again over all images and checked processed images...

They are flickering. I still havent figured out where is the problem, my post processing in LR was mainly some WB change, exposure, contrast, clarity...sharpening, H/S... didn't use the gradient tool.

I am looking for some help as I don't know what am I doing wrong, why do the images show flickering if I scroll through them after the auto transition is over? If I play the animation in LRTimelapse, there is nothing visible about flickering, its all still smooth. So I see flickering when images are imported back to LR. Why?

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you!
-Marko
#2 Gunther
Hi Marko,
generally if you have a smooth blue line in your source sequence, you should consider not using deflicker at all. It might happen, for example if you use a small or unsuited reference area, that flickering is introduced instead of removed. So for your sequence without flickering at all in the preview, don't deflicker!
Try rendering the sequence without deflickering and check if it's still smooth.
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Flickering
Myouzat
2014-10-07, 17:40
Last Post: Myouzat

...also check out: