• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Cannot "Initialize" images.

#1 glenn@glennhester.com.au
[font=Verdana]

I'm having trouble with LR Time Lapse on my Mac Tower. (2 x 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 32BG 1066MHz DDR3) w OSX 10.8.2

After loading the images and previews - I hit "initialize". Nothing happens. The Exposure 2012 column remains "?"

I've tried everything from changing folders, processing the images out through Capture One into another folder, re-installing LR Time Lapse.
the images aren't locked - infact I've successfully plugged the External Hard Drive where the files exist in to MacBook Pro Laptop - and LRT works perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers
Glenn[/font]
#2 Gunther
UPDATE: This issue on some macs has been resolved as of LRTimelapse 2.3.1
----------

Hi Glenn,
could you check if there are errors in info/log after trying to initialize the sequence and please send me that file?
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 glenn@glennhester.com.au
Hi Gunther
I was emailing you last week about this issue - but thought I'd post it to the forum to see if there were any other Mac users with the same problem - again, my laptop works fine off the same files - but my MAC PC does not initialize the images.
Cheers
Glenn
#4 Gunther
Glenn, I wrote you a couple of suggestions via email and got no answer. Let's try to sort this out and first and then probably post the solution here.
#5 Donin
(2013-03-12, 10:06)gwegner Wrote: Glenn, I wrote you a couple of suggestions via email and got no answer. Let's try to sort this out and first and then probably post the solution here.

Hi,

I am a new user and first of all I want to thank Gunther for giving us the opportunity to use this amazing software. I have the same problem that has been cited here: Nothing happens when I click on the "Initialize" button, the question mark on "Exposure" remains and I can't see the 16:9 crop rectangle in the preview.

I noticed that in fact a kind of incomplete initialization seems to take place just when selecting the folder containing the photos, before even clicking the "Initialize" button.

As soon as I select the folder the progress bar on top informs:
Initializing matadata..., Transferring Exif data into XMP...
Initializing matadata..., Loading previews...
and that's it.

This is my configuration:
iMac with the 10.6.8 OS.
LRTimelapse 2.3 [LR4-Mode] with Java version: 1.6.0_43
(Trial version)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
#6 TheModScene
Im having problems initializing also but im on a Windows 8 pc. sometimes all of the buttons wont appear.sometimes I have to just hit ctrl-F5. ..it says it is initializing, but it only takes about 1 second to do it and never really initializes. the mean, aperture, shutter speed , iso, w , h, date/time fields are all blank after initializing. I uninstalled LRT 2.3 a couple of times and it doesn't work. the weird thing is that it just worked 2 weeks ago. odd. also up at the top left, when I mouse over the file , edit, transitions, keyframes, metadata options.. the pull down menus come down and stay, wont go away. mem free says 1756 (1813) on top right.
#7 Gunther
Please send me your logfile via email (support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com) -you'll find it at info/log
#8 Gunther
@Donin: please contact me via email, I will send you a version that might not cause that problem!
#9 Donin
(2013-03-17, 13:24)gwegner Wrote: @Donin: please contact me via email, I will send you a version that might not cause that problem!

Hi Gunther,
The new version worked wonderfully. The only issue is that LRTimelapse is not refreshing the preview images when clicking the reload button after the Lightroom work. The new curves are there, as well as the right position of the crop area, but the appearance of the photos are the same as before developing. Am I missing something?
#10 Gunther
That's by design! The preview images never change. It would cost too much time to render them, just learn to read the curves and you will be fine, no need for updated preview. Check out my tutorials!

...also check out: