• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot install on Mac. Suggestions?

#1 Kootenay
I have downloaded LRT4 and tried installing with no luck.
I get a SUCCESS! message that the program installed but it is no where to be found.

Any suggestions?

I have the latest Java 64 installed.

Thanks,
Monte
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
On Mac: Normally the application will just appear in your "Applications" folder.
If it's not there, just try to: trash all older LRTimelapse instances that you might probably have installed. Run the "uninstall" script from the downloaded LRtimelapse package. Empty your trash. Now run again through the installer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Kootenay
Ok Thanks I will try your suggestion.
It is not in the Applications folder.

UPDATE:
Followed your instructions, still not anywhere to be found after it tells me it was installed successfully.
#4 Gunther
I've no idea what's going on on your system. Didn't get any report of other mac users with this problem.
Do you have any antivirus program that probably goes wild there? Could you test it on another computer?
#5 Kootenay
No antivirus installed:

It is very odd. I had installed version 3 about a year ago and messed around with it a bit but never actually used it, it seemed to work fine. I have been doing TL straight out of camera (Nikon) but wanted to take them to the next level so I uninstalled LRTL3 and downloaded version 4. I used the uninstaller included to remove any traces of version 3.

The installation looked fine and indicates that it was a success but LRTL4 is no where to be found.

I do not want to waste your time so I will investigate further and let you know what I discover, Thanks again for your assistance.
#6 Gunther
I've just release version 4.0.2 - maybe you have more luck with that (even if I didn't change anything mac specific).
#7 Kootenay
I completely removed all traces of LRT3 and LRT4 and emptied trash, rebooted.

Downloaded 4.0.2 and the exact same scenario. Installs successfully, or appears to and is no where to be found.

I am running LR6 upgrade, could this be an issue?
#8 fjs600
Have you tried to find via Spotlight after installation?
#9 Kootenay
(2015-05-05, 06:50)fjs600 Wrote: Have you tried to find via Spotlight after installation?

Well how about that! I was able to find it this way.

Thank you very much!
fresh install
Jo More
2018-01-08, 10:32
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: