• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflickered image "half and half"

#1 acopson
Hi Gunther,

I hope you can help with this.

I recently shot a simple timelapse on Oxford Circus in London, constant exposure throughout, shot as jpg.

Without any deflicker, it produced a nice result, though a slight flicker in the sky, I guess down to inconsistent apertures.

Wanting to get it right, I selected an area of the sky across the top of the image and compiled the timelapse with some simple deflicker. 

It resulted in the awful result below with a massive difference in exposure, either side of a hard vertical line. Both sides flickering!

As I rarely shoot in jpg, I repeated, having converted the jpgs to dngs, with the same result.

I'm running the latest version of CCLR&PS, DNG Converter, Java and LRTimelapse on W10 64bit.

I can't find any similar problems on the Forum. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan.

[Image: http://www.alancopsonpictures.com/AlanCo...HT2016.jpg]
[size=medium]Alan Copson Pictures[/size]

www.alancopsonpictures.com

Facebook
#2 Gunther
I could only imagine that you might have messed up with the gradients. Please reinitialize the sequence (metadata -> initialize) in LRTimelapse. Then do the whole worflow again.
Important:
1) Make sure to always use the sync script to bring the settings from one to the next keyframe and
2) make sure to not add or remove any of the predefinied gradients. Of course you might modify them freely!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 acopson
Thanks for your lightning-quick response!

I started again from scratch, made sure to use sync rather than copy/paste, but still getting the issue, though the border has moved!

From reading other posts, it occurred to me could there be an issue with some of the settings I've been using. Do you have a list of LR functions that don't work well with LRTimelapse? I substituted the adjustments I'd done using Tone with the equivalent Tone Curve and removed the vertical transform, but still the same result.

As for the gradients, I haven't touched gradients at all. Two of them are outside the cropped 16:9 frame. Does that make a difference?

Any more hints much appreciated, as trial and error could take forever!

Thanks as always,

Alan.

Facebook
#4 Gunther
Did you use any presets?
Here is an faq post what you can do and what you should avoid. http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

If you can't get it working, please send me one of those raw files including the xmp to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com best would be via dropbox or wetransfer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 acopson
Thanks again... I think I've spotted what was going wrong...

I had Distortion under Lens Corrections cranked up to 200. This seems to have quite a sudden noticeable affect towards the 200 end in some images. At the default 100, no visible difference.

Phew, problem solved!

All the best,

Alan.

Facebook

...also check out: