• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 theknut
Hi Gunther,

I really like your software and it actually was what was searching for ever since I started shooting timelapses.

I'm already more than satisfied with the free version. The problem is that I was about to upload them to Fotolia and hopefully earn money from it. I don't need any of the private or pro features. Would it be possible to purchase a license only to gain the right to use it for commercial use?

I'm asking this because I won't to be fair. After exporting the files from Lightroom there is only an entry in the meta data "LRTimelapse 4.1 - UNLICENSED, no commercial use allowed!". After creating the video timelapse this meta data is lost. So no one would know I used it. I want to be fair and pay for a commercial license rather than ignoring your rules.

Is there any agreement we can make?
Thank you very much for your excellent software!

Regards
#2 Gunther
Hi, thank you for your honesty and interest. If you make money with your sequences (there is an explanation how to define this in the license agreement, check out http://lrtimelapse.com/eula ) then you will need the commercial version, this is defined in the license terms. It does not matter, that it's not visible or marked in the video. I felt it was fair from me not to add a watermark to the videos created by the free version, like some other software does.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 theknut
Thank you Gunter!

For future references here is the extract from the EULA as of 2015-07-03

Quote:2. LICENSE TYPES
  1. Private License
    The private License allows you to use LRT for private, non commercial purposes only. You will get an invoice issued to your real name only.
  2. Professional License
    If you take substantial commercial benefit from the time lapse videos made with LRT (speak: you sell your sequences for money) or need an invoice issued to a company name, you will need a Professional License. This does not apply to smaller revenues (<500€) due to ads placed on a website or video file.
    A feature matrix with the differences between the LRT licenses is provided at http://lrtimelapse.com/features/
  3. Free Evaluation
    Free usage of LRT is admitted to a limited extent for testing purposes. The extent of the allowed usage and any restrictions may change at any time upon decision of the Licensor.
  4. Educational and Promotional Licenses
    Educational and Promotional Licenses might be provided on individual request and require a special License Agreement. Please contact the Licensor for details.

...also check out: