• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Control Multiple Cameras on Dslr

#1 stefgodin
Hello

Is it possible to connect 2 cameras with Dslr Dashboard and run two LRtimelapses applications together on one ipad (or android etc))

Thanks !
#2 Gunther
You can control more then one camera with qDDB. I've never done it, but if you have questions please ask in the forum of the developer at http://dslrdashboard.info

LRTimelapse Application is something different, its a desktop application, not for tablets. Maybe you are talking about the LRT mode in qDDB. You will then control both cameras from the same app.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 stefgodin
In fact I want to connect 2 dsrl on 1 tablet and use LRT auto holygral on qDDB to adjust exposure automatically.
I need to know if I have to buy two tablets, one for each dslr...
#4 Gunther
No, normally you can connect two cameras, with a usb hub, and control them from one qDDB instance. But as I said, I have no experience, maybe Zoltan can join in here. I don't know, if it will work in LRTimelapse mode as well.
I'll ask Zoltan to join in.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 hubaiz
Theoretically you can but I never tried.
Will see if I have time tomorrow to test it.

What you should do is connect to first DSLR and enter LRTimelapse and set it up and finally press the 'Auto holy grail' button to enable it.
Now exit the LRT screen with the close button in upper right corner, this will bring you back to connection screen.
Connect to the second DSLR and enter the LRTimelapse screen and set it up and finally press the 'Auto holy grail' button to enable it.

Now if you use external interval timer you can start them.
If you use the built in interval timer then you will need to start it on both DSLR, you can switch between them by closing the LRT screen and in the connection screen pressing the DSLR name that you wish to switch to.
#6 stefgodin
Ok thank you.
For the moment I've got only one dslr (1DX) compatible with qDDB via a TP-Link router.
My second body, (1DS mk3) is not.
So I can't try with two cameras...
I'll buy another one soon but I want to know if I need to buy a second tablett too.

Do you think I can use two wifi connections with 'Auto holy grail' or I need one in wifi and the other with USB ?
I use a macbook to pilot my 1dx but I want to by an Ipad (only wifi) or an android with USB...
#7 hubaiz
You can only pair your wireless to one access point, so you can only use one wireless connection.
However you can connect both DSLR to the MR3040 with an USB hub and control both from qDD with one wireless connection (you would need to use small JPG to lower the transfer times as both will go through the wireless then).
#8 stefgodin
Ok so I can not use an Ipad...
I bought an Asus memo pad 7 but I sent it back, it was not reliable. It was freezing without qDDB...

What tablet do you use ??
#9 hubaiz
I only have a Nexus7 (2012) and IPad Mini 2
#10 hubaiz
Running the test now.
Nikon D7100 and Canon 650D connected to MR3040 and controlled from Nexus7 (2012).
Running LRTimelapse on both with internal interval timer.
D7100 is set to 18 sec interval with RAW+JPEG(BASIC) small
650D is set to 19 sec interval with RAW+JPEG L (on 650D this is the only option so the JPEG download is a bit slow)

Slowest shutter is set to 15sec on both and MAX ISO to 3200

...also check out: