• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Corrupt Video Files

#1 delik
When exporting to 4K video I'm getting corrupt video files half the time. No content appears when playing on quicktime and with VLC it is intermittent with green. Please advise.
#2 Gunther
Usually the big resolutions and high quality settings will not play well on the current players/hardware.
They are meant for post processing in video processors. Drag the files into after effects or premiere pro or another video processor and check if the are okay. Normally the do. It's a problem with the players/hardware.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 UniqueCaptures
Gunther, I'm having the same issue. But I have a power full machine and video card. With a Windows 7, 4 clean hard drives, 64 GB ram and the nvidia geforce 680 4gb.

I get the green file on any size 4k Export from LRT3.
Please advise a solution.

Steve

UPDATE:
This issue only appears to be corrected when processed at 24 fps.
Is there a fix if for the 30 fps?
#4 Gunther
Hmm, weird. Are you talking about MP4 or Prores?
Did you try exporting in 16:9 aspect ratio?
Please try it with the new 3.2 release that brings an updated encoder and if you still have problems, please send me a screenshot of you render settings and preferably the logfile via email.
#5 Gunther
Hi Stephen, I've got your EMail with the log. There is nothing wrong in there.
I'm suspecting this being a compatibility problem with the program you use for post processing those files -
Could you please try playing them in VLC player?
I'm using the 4K/3fps footage all the time in Premiere CC/AE CC and do not have any problems.
You might as well render a couple of frames (delete all but the first 60 images from the LRT_* directory and then render to get 2 secs. of footage) - and send that output file to me.
#6 UniqueCaptures
I'm happy to say that with some help from Gunther and a little reading between the lines this issue has been solved!

The green screen is no longer an issue and for me it was a sizing error causing the codec to spike to level 5.2 (From 5.1) I adjusted my frame size to be 4,096 x 2,048 and then used the render built into LRT 3.2. Delik let us know if this fixes you up too.

Hopefully Gunther will elaborate on how or why this works.
#7 Gunther
The problem is, that your post processor (AE/Pr CS6) is not supporting the MP4/H.264 Level 5.2 codec.

That level 5.2 is automatically used, when encoding in a Resolution/Framerate combination that exceeds the specifications of Level 5.1.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

So with 25fps, the 4K stuff is still fine for Level 5.1, but with 30fps the encoder switches to Level 5.2 (you can see this in the logfile) and then you (older?) Premiere/AE does not load it (green).
I'm using CC with the latest updates and have no problems there.

So, the only option for MP4 in 30fps with Level 5.1 would be to decrease the resolution to 3,840×2,160 or 4,096×2,048 - or you upgrade to Adobe CC. But this will still be only MP4 then.

The best and cheapest option for you however would be to upgrade LRTimelapse to the Pro version and use the ProRes Encoder - that will really deliver the best quality and does not have that compatibility issues.

...also check out: