• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crop Animation Using LRtimelapse 3

#1 eoverstreet
I understand it is better to use programs like, After Effects, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, Premier Elements 10, and others to add animation affects - crop - to an already exported LRTimelapse video. I have many of these software programs (Adobe Creative Cloud). Would it be possible to demonstrate how you would add creative animation (movement) to a Time Lapse video using your video software of choice?
#2 Gunther
Video software works with keyframes very similar like LRTimelapse does.

For example in Premiere Pro:

Create a new Sequence in 1080p (1920x1080) and the same frame rate like the exported sequence.
Drag the timelapse sequence that you exportet in 3K resolution onto that sequence, it will be bigger, just accept that (keep existing settings).

Select the clip in the timeline, go to the very left then open the effect controls panel. Find the Motion/Scale setting and set it to the value that you want the first crop to be. Click on the small stop watch close to "Scale" to set a keyframe.
Then go to the position you want the end crop to be. Set another crop, this will automatically create another keyframe (diamond shaped symbol).
Scrub through the sequence to see the effect applied.

I suggest to search youtube for some tutorials for "ken burns premiere pro" or similar, that should get you going.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 erikhill
Found this tutorial that explains the process pretty well.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/no-stupid-ques...ide-shows/

...also check out: