• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 fouronthefloor
I've been using LRT 4.1 (free version) a lot recently, and keep refering back to the online tutorial to make sure I'm doing things right. I was editing a folder today that I couldn't get to load into Lightroom when I got to that stage, it kept coming up with a message about there being duplicate files even though there wasn't. To get around it I unchecked the do not copy duplicates box on the import screen. This may or may not be related to my deflicker problem.

I've gone through the whole process as per the tutoral several times now to try and get it to work (like it has seemlessly on the other folders I've been working on) but for some reason the Visual Deflicker button is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Any idea what the problem is?

I downloaded the DNG when prompted when I first installed LRT and I'm also using LR 5.5

Thanks...
#2 Gunther
If Lightroom marks the files as duplicate, I would rely on that - it means, that the sequence is already in the lightroom catalog.
In that case you should abort the import dialog and find the sequence in Lightroom. Then select everything while in Grid View and "Load Metadata From Files".

I suspect in the import dialog you might have had "Copy" mode selected at the top (must be "Add"!), and that most likely created another copy of the files. Then LRT and LR are working on different files.

Please get your files sorted, delete the duplicate folder on your harddrive, remove the folders from the lightroom catalog, then start again.

Visual Deflicker will be greyed out as long as not all visual previews have been generated for that sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 fouronthefloor
Thanks for your reply. I checked all of LR for the duplicates but there was nothing, either way thats not too much of a problem as I got around it. I left my computer on all night while it generated the visual previews, just to make sure (it's takes about 20 mins to do 350 photos) but it still wasn't working in the morning.

...also check out: