• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker and others things

#1 xandrobc
Good afternoon:

I found this application through a workshop I did with Enrique Pacheco.

Firstly, I’d like to know why the advance review quality is so poor. Is there any option in the menus to make it better? Could it be an application problem with an *.icm profile of a specific monitor (monitor profiler and calibrator)?

Furthermore, I’m preparing a time-lapse of about 642 images, taken inside an industrial unit for nearly 2 hours. I used the shooting mode with aperture priority trying to get a constant light level, that is, that the light does not keep decreasing with the passage of time.

I’ve already done some tests, but the flick is quite annoying, I can’t get a good result.

I’m using Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw C5, and when I export the images to Camera Raw, I select every picture and apply the same adjustments in all of them. What can I do so the exposure is the same in every photo, so I don’t have to process every single picture, one by one? After the automatic de-flicker, I don’t get good results.

I got a star in two photos in which I didn't use the Holy Grail method. I have an image shot in 1/50, 130 shot in 1/60, 402 in 1/80 and 109 in 1/100.

During the whole scene, there were cranes and gantry cranes moving constantly around the industrial unit, that's why I defined a (more or less) constant area in the upper left-hand part.

I will send you some captures with the real data.

Thank you very much and best regards,
#2 xandrobc
And the last pictures ...

#3 Gunther
Quote:Firstly, I’d like to know why the advance review quality is so poor. Is there any option in the menus to make it better? Could it be an application problem with an *.icm profile of a specific monitor (monitor profiler and calibrator)?
You mean the quality of the preview in LRTimelapse? This is mainly for speed purposes. You normally don't need a highres preview there. It will never show the actual developed results as well, you will have to render the movie to see the effects (for example deflicker) really applied. Maybe this is you main misunderstanding?

Quote:Furthermore, I’m preparing a time-lapse of about 642 images, taken inside an industrial unit for nearly 2 hours. I used the shooting mode with aperture priority trying to get a constant light level, that is, that the light does not keep decreasing with the passage of time.
For the sequence you showed in your screenshots I would always go for a manual metering, this saves you a lot of trouble deflickering.

Quote:I’m using Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw C5, and when I export the images to Camera Raw, I select every picture and apply the same adjustments in all of them. What can I do so the exposure is the same in every photo, so I don’t have to process every single picture, one by one? After the automatic de-flicker, I don’t get good results.
That's what the deflickering is for! But as I mentioned you have to render befor you can see the results.
Furthermore I suggest setting the referencearea to the yello steel beam steel on the top of the image, it seems like that could be a constant area for it.

Quote:I got a star in two photos in which I didn't use the Holy Grail method. I have an image shot in 1/50, 130 shot in 1/60, 402 in 1/80 and 109 in 1/100.
Those are the keyframes for the first and last photo, that's fine.

Please try again and check out my workflow if you are in doubt again: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 xandrobc
(2013-03-25, 22:57)gwegner Wrote: You mean the quality of the preview in LRTimelapse? This is mainly for speed purposes. You normally don't need a highres preview there. It will never show the actual developed results as well, you will have to render the movie to see the effects (for example deflicker) really applied. Maybe this is you main misunderstanding?
Okay, I understand.

Quote:That's what the deflickering is for! But as I mentioned you have to render befor you can see the results.
Furthermore I suggest setting the referencearea to the yello steel beam steel on the top of the image, it seems like that could be a constant area for it.
If you see the attached pictures, you can see that I do your workflow e.
The yellow beam moves, not a good choice. I think it´s better that this marked area, in the "new picture (1)" you can see the selected area.

How I can improve the filcker?
#5 lucasfunkt
I've got a problem with deflicker also.

I left the Avg. Smooth on the default 10.

But still ended up with quite a lot of flicker.

I then did a test where I put the original photos through again 2 times. Once where I set the Avg. Smooth to 0 and once where I set it to 20.

So I had 3 clips with different avg smooth settings. The 3 clips all suffered from flickering and changing the smoothing didn't appear to have much, if any effect at all.

What settings would you recommend I used for the deflickering if the default isn't producing the desired effect?

I haven't touched the strength yet as I'm not sure what that means exactly and I've kept 'Constant' and 'Individual Transitions' both un-ticked because again I'm not sure in what situations ticking them would be beneficial?
#6 Gunther
It's essential that you set the reference area right. Set it to an area, where you preferrably have only flicker, not any other short term changes in brightness (people or cars or clouds passing etc.).
Then adjust the smothness, leave the strengthat default.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: