• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker multypass

#1 itsskin
Hi!
Great update. Works awesome! I think adding multypass for visual deflicker will be great addition, as a lot of them are needed if sequence was shot with AETTR on Magic Lantern.
#2 Gunther
There is multipass deflicker available, check out my instructions: http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow

Basically you apply visual deflicker once, wait until the visual previews have finished rendering, then go to visual deflicker again and select "refine". Save. You can do this as often as you need.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 itsskin
Which makes me sit near computer, while this can be done automatically when I'm sleeping at night Smile

AETTR sequence required around 5-6 passes to be smooth.

Thx!!
#4 Gunther
Normally you often don't need a really smooth curve to get a flicker free sequence, means - even if the curve is still a bit bumpy, you already might not see any flicker in the results. It might be able to further automate it, but I'm not sure, if it would be a good idea.
From my experience, 2 passes mostly is enough. And I then use to refine only parts of the sequence that need it. After the first pass you can just select a part of the sequence and then apply refine to that.
#5 itsskin
With heavy edits you have a lot of flicker. Also it helps to eliminate aperture and shutter flicker. Multypass is amazing feature to have and huge time saver. Actually, it's possible to remove holygrail keyframes workflow and do multypass deflicker Smile Anyway, I would be VERY grateful if you could add an option of how many passes to do.

Side question - when I select part of the sequence and apply deflicker, I see the curve change for other non-selected frames and previews are being re-rendered. Is it correct behavior? Seems other non-selected part is also affected. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you!

P.S. Red correction curve is flat for non-selected part, so frames are not affected. I this case seems logical not to rednder them again?
#6 Gunther
Sorry, I don't understand that. Of course you have to apply deflicker the first time for the full sequence. Then save and wait until all VP are generated. Now select a part of the sequence, fine tune the smoothing and click on refine. Then save. This will only save the part changed and then refresh the VP only for that part as well.
#7 itsskin
Yes, with Refine it works as it should. Somehow I had pressed Apply again, though it should have beed greyed out.

And the last thing: on mac when previews are rendered there are appearing and disappearing DNG converters. Smile They change icons location in doc constantly. Is it possible to prevent them from appearing at all?

Edit: quick search and this did help to hide an icon: http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/...cation.php

...also check out: