• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Delete JPGs associated to RAWs?

#1 ChristianB
Hello Gunther - I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question but I cannot find a current thread for it. I have a Canon 6D and as you suggested I have the settings set to where it takes a full RAW image as well as a low quality jpg image. When the time lapse is done, I have a memory card that had 1400 images (700 raw + 700 jpg). But unfortunately the RAW images and the JPG images are assembled below each other in numerical other. As a result, It is not possible to just click on the first jpg image then click on the last jpg image + shift to highlight then delete them. Since each jpg image is below its respective raw image, I have to go through each jpg image (700) one by one to delete them so that I am left with only the raw images, which would then get imported into LRTimelapse, lightroom, etc. Do you have an easier way of getting deleting the jpg images before starting post processing? Cheers

Christian
#2 Gunther
Either you can just use the search function in the explorer or finder to search for all jpgs in that folder and delete them, or - if you use the LRTimelapse importer to import from your SD-Card, then there is an option to skip JPGs.

In the next version of LRTimelapse, JPGs associated to RAWs will be ignored.

PS: you can always open a new thread, if you want this is better then writing in a thread like this... I will make a new one from this.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ChristianB
Thank you Gunther, your reply was very helpful. I will give it a shot. I haven't tried it with LRTlapse yet, as I don't have the program yet. I'm trying to decide whether to go with "private" or "pro". Cheers.

PS - I tried starting a new thread but for what ever reason when I sent the message a few days ago, it wasn't permitting me to do so.

...also check out: