• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DNG files revert WB settings

#1 spatience
I'm using Lightroom v 3.6 and LRTimelapse v3.1. I have converted NEF files TIFF after an HDR shoot. I've then exported the TIFF files to DNG so that I can see the previews in LRTimelapse.

I then work with the images as you would normally do with the workflow. I switch back to Lightroom after I do Reload, Transition, Deflicker then save in LRTimelapse. In Lightroom, i reload the metadata but my whitebalance reverts back and doesn't keep the settings I used in Lightroom.

The other develop settings I've made have remained but the WB and tint seem to revert back.

Any ideas? Thanks !
#2 Gunther
Make sure you have WB-type set to custom and don't use any WB presets.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 spatience
(2013-09-14, 10:49)gwegner Wrote: Make sure you have WB-type set to custom and don't use any WB presets.

Thanks Gunter, but I do use custom WB because I make the adjustments on the keyframes. I would not use anything other than custom WB.

The problem is on the last step when back in Lightroom, they seem to automatically revert back to how they were before I developed them.
#4 DLee
spatience,

I too, have been having a frustrating time with keyframes and adjustments magically disappearing or reverting. I just discovered that if you want the settings to stay the same on a particular keyframe; set it to 1 star rather than four star. This will hold the settings on the frame the same, and force transitions adjust to and from it.

Four star setting ... ? I'm not sure what their function is. Until just a little while ago it was primarily frustration and a cause to bang my head against the wall.

None of the four star settings I made with LRT3 seemed to have any adjustment function except to waste a ton of my time.
Perhaps I have been using them incorrectly, but any adjustments I made to four star keyframes would simply be written over after using any of the auto transitions in LRT3.

This is a powerful program but if you need to do a lot of tweaks like I do in day long construction time-lapse... it's got some serious learning curve.

I'm going to re-watch the basic tutorial and refresh myself with the keyframes.

I think Gunther is away at the moment. Do you know what he means by making sure Auto adjustments are turned off? The only Auto adjustments that I know of are in LR import or require specific action in LR. Are there others that I may not know about in either LR or LRT3?

Thanks,

dennis
#5 spatience
I have just spent a significant amount of Euros to get the latest version of LRTimelapse. I must say I'm disappointed that this issue has been overlooked and currently remains 'unresolved'.
#6 Gunther
What issue exactly do you mean?

I have the impression that the meaning of the keyframe types might not be clear to you.

The 4* / 5* Keyframes are meant to be used together with the Holy Grail Workflow.

For normal workflows you use the 1* keyframes. Check out my Holy Grail workflow, there I explain how to use the 4* keyframes.
To them the transitions will be applied via the "Auto Transition Special" feature, if you select "****" - this will make the transitions for all parameters except exposure.

Please let me know what exactly are you trying to do and where exactly you see a bug.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: