• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DSLR Dashboard question

#1 chrisware24
Hello

Im testing the DSLR dashboard. Does anyone know how to initiate the camera meter from the application?

If I tap the camera's shutter, the meter shows up on the app. However, I obviously don't want to be touching the camera during a timelaspe.

When I try to press the meter on the app, a different screen pops up.

thoughts?

thx!

chris....
#2 Gunther
Usually you don't need the camera metering for shooting a time lapse. One of the main purposes is that qDslrDashboard allows you to see the image previews along with the histogram, this will enable you to perfectly judge your exposures. You will be shooting in M Mode anyway. Please check my Holy Grail tutorial in the Tutorials section to learn how it's meant to work!

BTW: the camera metering will always be read and made visible on the bottom of the qDDB screen as well...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chrisware24
When doing vertical timelapses my camera extends over my head. When this happens, I can't see the meter on the camera to know when to make holy grail changes. I was hoping that the DSLR dashboard would give me this information, so I could change the exposure remotely.
#4 frag-mich-doch.net
qDSLRDashboard can do automaticly the HG-Changes for you : http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/ you can stay near the camera, relax and enjoy the scenic view...

...also check out: