• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DSLRDashboart erkennt Kamera nicht mehr

#21 hubaiz
The links and steps to update the MR3040 router with the latest firmware:

The current version is V0.30.33 (the one that is published on Google Play)
and the current version of ddserver OpenWrt firmware is 0.12
You can also download the latest version from my Drive share: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...1E&usp=sharing

The current DslrDashboard version is here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mtrS0FtLTJxR1E
The current ddserver OpenWrt firmware for MR3040 are here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mtrS0FtLTJxR1E

Upgrading the MR3040 firmware with latest:

Use the 'sysupgrade' image. Download the 'sysupgrade' .bin file that is matching your MR3040 version (V1, V2).

Connect the MR3040 with network cable to your PC or laptop (can be done with wireless to, but in my experience it's safer with network cable) .
Access the OpenWrt web interface ( http://192.168.1.1 by default)
Go to 'System->Backup/Flash image'
Press the 'Perform reset' button (this will reset OpenWrt to it's initial state and reboot the MR3040)
Once it reboots go to again in 'System->Backup/Flash image'
Under 'Flash new image' uncheck the 'Keep settings' checkbox
Select the 'sysupgrade' image that you downloaded.
Press the 'Flash image' button. (this will upload the firmware to MR3040)
Press again the button to perform the flash.

Wait 2-3 minutes, the MR3040 will reboot.

Be sure that the MR3040 battery is full.

After that you can access it again with http://192.168.1.1
The wireless is enabled by default, the SSID is 'DDServerAP'
#22 Ralf_St
Thank you for all the informartion. How could I know this procedure without any instruction???

I rather payed now 350€ for Cam Ranger. The time this thing has killed costs me much more then the 350 €. I understand that somebody is on fire about this technology stuff. But as a fulltime pro photographer with a workload and under stress this are toys for people who don't know anything better as playing with this things all night long.

Now I got it running again, but still can not work with it. The app behaves different from one use of it to the other. First a nice button appeart after open connection to wrt. I clicked it and was in the camera menu, where I can take pics. No this button is not visible anymore, insate the camera type is displayed as single entry in a list. If I click it nothing happens. After fooling around I'm somewhen again in the camera window.

If I'm in the start screen and click the button to view images I come to the overview of images - great. If I take a picture it doesn't appears there. I need to restart the whole up to see that picture. Sometimes I can navigate between the pics, sometimes not.

Sometimes the histogramms are hiding the pictures and I have to press several times to make them disapear so that I can show my customers there pictures.

My scenario is, that I like to show customers the pictures during a photo shooting. They are causual people and are not interested in software of anything related to photography or tablets etc etc. I need to show them the pictures straight forward - nothing else - absolut nothing else. But this is absolut imposible with this solution. It is a endless fooling around and fighting against it. And a automatic update can kill several hours of valuable production time. I know, not everybody has that. Most people get there paycheck independent from what they are dooing the whole day and they study groups like this in there working hours, to solve problems of there hobbies.

Why is the guy not deciding to charge a sensible amount and complete a sensible product? If others can earn money whith his product he will get money for it too. - But I know it sounds like Mars peoples language.
#23 Ralf_St
I tried it again and agani just waisted time. Even after a restart of DSLR Dashboards new capturad pictures are not visible in the overview of the pictures. Older pictures are there.

Why can I not just start the app, connect to the camera and see the pictures stored on the cameras memory card in the overview of the pictures? That would be the simplest use case I can imagine.
#24 Ralf_St
... If I navigate in the overview of the pictures to the last picture and try to navigate one more time to the next picture navigation hang up and I can not navigate backward or forward anymore.
#25 Ralf_St
... my main problem is, that the button with the camera symbol most times doesn't work. If I'm in the picture overview the button with the smartphone symbol is preselected and pictures saved in the camera are visible. If I click on the button with the camera symbol usualy nothing happens. But from time to time it responds and it activates the camera button. There I can click on the button with the two arrows and all pictures on the card are displayed. I can navigate and everything would be nice - just next time it doesn't work even if I clich 20 times on the camera symbol.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 3.0 tab and a Canon 5D MKII.

(Time wasted until now > 6 hours)

... If I start the application and navigate to the screen for remote controling the camera and from there in the picture overview, I can switch to the camera button and show all pictures on the card. If I navigate back to the first screen of the app and then from there to the picture overview I can also switch to the camera button. If I navigate immediatly to the picture overview, the camera button is not responding.
#26 hubaiz
Thanks for your suggestions.
The application is offered for free.
I develop it in my free time.
My monthly income is 200 eur/month and sorry if I can't offer you a complete product like a camranger for 350$.
#27 bazoo
Sure, there are solutions such as komerziele Cam Ranger, but still useable should first try out both and then tell me what is better.
And then maybe make only constructive suggestions. Instead puke, because the expected functions are not provided by the program author.
Think of it as that hubaiz has for its purpose a program created and because he is loving, without what to expect from someone he can use all the program freely.
As it stands, the Ralf_St not slept all night and played with dslrdashboard, and was pretty cranky.
#28 fossi100
Hi Zoltan,

I had the same problems as the other guys, but it doesn´t works. As I pressed the "Connct to OpenWRT" Button, in the Headline was standig "NIKON-NIKON DSC D800 or D300 but the screen was black.

After Hours I find out, that the trick is to press the button longer and enter the Server IP Adress....and wow ...there´s light.....

In my opinion, it would be fine, if this works automaticly. Can you do this in the next Update?

Jochen
#29 hubaiz
If you long press the 'Connect to OpenWrt/Linux' button you will get a dialog where you can enter the IP of the DslrDashboardServer (ddserver) device.

If you single click the 'Connect to OpenWrt/Linux' button it will search the local network for DslrDashboardServer (ddserver) devices and if it finds one it will display the cameras that are connected to it.
In your case it find ddserver and it displayed 'NIKON-NIKON DSC D800' meaning the D800 is connected to it.
What you need to do is click on 'NIKON-NIKON DSC D800' to establish the connection with DSLR camera.

...also check out: