• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Edited Keyframes not affecting intermediary stills.

#1 seawildearth
Hi there,
I'm a new user and new to timelapse so go easy. I'm happy with my photography, shooting a 5DMkII with a Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 using a Novoflex adapter to control the lens. Have the camera rigged up to a SYRP Genie for motion control.

I've created a couple of basic sequences and followed the basic workflow to a tee. The one issue I have though is that I edit the Keyframes in Lightroom, I copy and Paste the settings from the preceding keyframe to the next and make adjustments as I require. I then continue with the editing. I had 5 Keyframes in the sequence.

I then continued through to the end and rendered out the final project. I found that the Keyframes, to which I'd also added an ND Filter adjustment in Lightroom were the only frames with that ND adjustment which led to five 'flashes' of the darkened skies relative to the location of the Keyframes in the final sequence. The edit didn;t get translated between the Keyframes to the intermediary frames.

Any ideas on where I could have tripped up? I did Copy and select Tick All in the copy filter dialog box.

Cheers,
Mark.
"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"
#2 Gunther
With ND-Filter adjustment you mean Graduated Filters in Lightroom?
You must use the predefined filters that LRTimelapse creates upon initialization. After initializing the sequence in LRT, go to Lightroom, load Metadata for all files (G, Ctrl-A, Load Metadata from files) then hit "M" to see the predefined gradients. They appear as 3 dots overlayed. Click on one of the dots to edit the filter.
Only those 3 filters will get animated, not additional ones.

See: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 seawildearth
Thanks Gunter, will try that. I cannot add ND filters with this particular lens given it's form factor.

This is certainly an interesting learning curve.

Cheers,
Mark.
#4 benkeys@epbfi.com
I've been working with this software for close to a week with zero successful results. It won't read keyframe info and transfer it to all the photos in my sequence. It changes some, but not all. I've watched every tutorial 3 times, and have re-initialized at least 40 times. Granted, this is the trial version, but if I have this aggravation after paying money for it, then I would have a MAJOR issue. Can't seem to get "other keyframes" to show up in lightroom either. Also, when editing keyframes, my 3 star frames aren't adjusted. Yes, I did save metadata on all edited 2 stars. Any suggestions?
#5 seawildearth
It's a steep learning curve for sure but when something doesn't work I simply go back and run the videos and carry out the steps by stopping and starting the video's as I go. I've watched the videos quite a number of times and will continue to do so as I work until the actions start to become second nature. I'm sure you're overlooking something pretty mundane.

I shot a sequence yesterday at midday here in Bali. Clouds going mental, I used a 10 stop ND on the camera to hit f4 and 1/15th at 24mm. The first attempt left me real frustrated but I set in motion the complete workflow again and realized just one slip on a setting or command would have drastic effects to the negative. I guess it's just a case of familiarization of the software.

That sequence came out stellar on the second render. Just gotta stick with it. Given the massive number of users and happy users at that I can only suggest it may, like me, be down to user error in this instance.

Cheers,
Mark.
#6 Gunther
@benkeys: I would suggest starting with basic sequences and workflows before heading to the more advanced oney.

@all: metadata not travelling can have a couple of reasons, none of them are bugs or weaknesses of LRTimelapse - in fact LRT is much more reliable in Metadata writing/reading then Lightroom is.
Check out this faq thread: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-meta...ng-applied

If you are having a hard time learning the processes I would really, really recommend reading my EBook. There is a brand new edition covering all the details step by step that you need to know and many background. It's just much more comprehensive then the videos:
http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/ebook
Investing that 10€ will probably save you lots of time experimenting.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 benkeys@epbfi.com
Turns out I am having the same problem as Ondra-my 3 star key frames aren't adjusting to the 2 star edits. I just added them to the 2 star edit process.

...also check out: