• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Errors working with HG wizard

#1 sketch2099
Hi there,

I'm working with the latest version of LRTimelapse and Lightroom to process some sunset timelapses where I had to manually bump the exposure.

I'm finding that LRTimelapse is not always recognizing the exposure changes I'm making.

In the attached image HG-wizard.jpg, you can see a screenshot of the preview.  As you can see, it did not create left and right HG keyframes for some of the exposure bumps.

If I add them in manually, the HG wizard doesn't seem to be compensating for the change properly.  You can see this in the attached picture HG-wizard-after-extra-keyframes-added.jpg.

This is an issue that I run into from time to time, and have not been able to resolve myself. 

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Wire14
Hi Sketch,

would you mind to share a picture of the colums with the exposer and aperture values?

Cheers, Chris
#3 sketch2099
(2015-07-31, 11:06)Wire14 Wrote: Hi Sketch,

would you mind to share a picture of the colums with the exposer and aperture values?

Cheers, Chris

attached
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Wire14
I don't see the your picture on the left side but I assume that there is a change between picture 1292 and 1293. There is no holy grail keyframe because there are no changes in aperture, iso or shutter speed. So this jump isn't recognized by lrtimelapse and also could't be compensated because there are no changes. Try to skip these changes and compensate them later in the visuell deflicker mode.

Regards,
Chris
#5 sketch2099
Ah, I see.

I use old manual glass with adapters, that's why the program isn't registering any changes.

When I import the photos it ideally asks me to set an aperture for all frames and it only picks one value for all frames even though I changed the aperture manually.

I'd there another possible workaround for this? These changes in expose are too big to smooth out with deflickering.

Could I go in and manually insert the aperture charges?
#6 Wire14
You could try to find a programm where you can manually change the exif data from every picture. But that would be very time consuming.

I also use an old manual lens and if you change the aperture for just one step there shouldn't be any problems to compensate these changes. Maybe you have to use the visual deflicker for 2 or 3 times but it should lead you to the result you want.
#7 sketch2099
Thanks for all of your help Chris.

I went ahead an used Lenstagger to assign different aperture values at the manual changes I made.

...also check out: