• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 MountainWanderer
Hi Gunther... Sorry but I seem to have found a bug... And a v frustrating one too!

Trying to export several timelapses, and after the first one is sent to rendering, it becomes impossible to set a different output folder for the next set of intermediate files... (tifs).

You don't seem to be able to expand the window to right to select anything else for the output folder.

And can't re-use previous folder without moving several 10s of GB of temporary files - which are going through rendering in LRT...

Any advice on workarounds until a fix can be done?
#2 MountainWanderer
Update:

It's definitely a display issue of some sort in the LRT plugin...

Doesn't appear to affect other plugins.

Doesn't dissapear on reboot of PC

Did sort itself the first time it occurred with a reload of plugin, this no longer sorts.

No diagnostic messages in plugin...

Workaround is painfully slow and bad for keeping track of what I'm doing... (when previous TL has been rendered, change the name of the one folder that the plugin will let me use, to something subtly different, then it can be reused without having to move Gb of files (or delete them)).
#3 Gunther
This is more a Lightroom problem, unfortunately LR opens that dialog in weird sizes sometimes and doesn't allow it to be resized.

Normally the idea is to set one folder for the intermediates and don't bother with that anymore. LRTExport will then create subfolders for the sequences. There is normally no reason to change that folder between exports. Maybe you should think about the way you use it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 MountainWanderer
(2013-11-10, 14:43)gwegner Wrote: This is more a Lightroom problem, unfortunately LR opens that dialog in weird sizes sometimes and doesn't allow it to be resized.
I was afraid that might be your answer Sad

(2013-11-10, 14:43)gwegner Wrote: Normally the idea is to set one folder for the intermediates and don't bother with that anymore. LRTExport will then create subfolders for the sequences. There is normally no reason to change that folder between exports. Maybe you should think about the way you use it.
I can see how this works for most uses, but it takes so long to generate the intermediate files that I'm a tad loathe to delete them immediately after rendering in case they're needed again soon.

And I'm also having to process several TLs at a time (ie I go out, shoot a load of TL footage, then come back from the hills with them all to download, process and render. Not possible to do any other way when you're shooting overnight for several nights in the hills!)

Which means I'm needing to find ways of getting the TL processing and rendering pipeline as streamlined as possible - or I'll end up with a backlog of unprocessed TLs as I leave to shoot the next set...!

Will continue thinking on this one to see if I can rejig the workflow to use just one folder for intermediates (which of course will want to be named something other than the current one ;-) ), but that doesn't seem an ideal solution for me right now...
#5 MountainWanderer
(2013-11-10, 15:33)MountainWanderer Wrote: Will continue thinking on this one to see if I can rejig the workflow to use just one folder for intermediates...

Doh! I take it all back... I'm overcomplicating the situation in my attempts to keep it simple! ;-)

It seems that if you try and put more than one set of intermediate files in the same folder it automatically creates a subfolder for each set based on the foldername of the raw files... (I'd not noticed this when I was managing to get it to use a different folder each time on the first few attempts...)

But that's exactly what I want - and what I was worrying it wouldn't do if I had just one folder that it exported intermediate files to!

But to get there I had to rename the plugin so it wasn't recognised, restart LR and reload the plugin. Then I could select the parent folder of the ones I'd been trying to use.

Fingers crossed, but I think I've solved this enough for my uses Smile

(And Sorry Gunther for taking up your time with somewhat numpty questions (but only with hindsight!) while I work my way through some of the differences with LRT3's export Wink )
#6 Gunther
(2013-11-10, 16:18)MountainWanderer Wrote: Doh! I take it all back... I'm overcomplicating the situation in my attempts to keep it simple! ;-)

It seems that if you try and put more than one set of intermediate files in the same folder it automatically creates a subfolder for each set based on the foldername of the raw files... (I'd not noticed this when I was managing to get it to use a different folder each time on the first few attempts...)
Sure, that's how it's supposed to work - I hate to have more manual work then absolutely necessary. So that was my idea ;-)

BTW: i don't delete my interemediate files as long as I'm not finished with the project, because that way I can always rerender in different resolutions and settings if I want - and rendering is really fast in comparison to the time LR takes for exporting...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: