• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exporting in format better than JPG but not at full TIFF size (100mb!!)

#1 ChristianB
Gunther/Anyone - When one goes to export via Lightroom 5 working through holy grail workflow, under LRTimelapse Pro you have two export options; JPG 6k or TIFF 6k. Under the JPG 6K format the biggest image file size is about 15mb. Meanwhile, for TIFF 6k the biggest image file size (for the same images) is a whopping 100mb! My question is, is there a way to export via TIFF but in a file that isn't as big as 100MB but is still better quality than JPG6k? I just purchased LRTime lapse 3 Pro yesterday. Prior to that, I've always read and have heard people say TIFF files are better way to go for time lapses. Prior to LRTimelapse 3 when I was working with after affects and lightroom 5, I was exporting my RAW images from Lightroom to TIFF images that were about 26mb in size. I would then import those images into after affects and render the video. With LRTimelapse 3 I'd like to export my images from Lightroom via TIFF rather than JPG, but not at 100mb per image.
#2 Gunther
From my experience you can safely use JPG, since you did the grading and dynamic processing when editing the raw files - so exporting in JPG for rendering is not a bad option, in fact it's what I use for my professional use as well.
I will check what options I have for TIFF export again, but I'm sure there was a reason that I've implemented it like it is.
You might write a feature request in the feature requests forum, then you can be sure that I will not forget looking into it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: