• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exporting sequences from LRoom

#1 hamishniven
Hi Gunther

I've got 25 sequences, from 80 frames to 1200 frames that I now need to take into Premiere Pro / after effects to create my short video. Should I export at 3k or 4k using your presets that I've already purchased from you or should I export individual high resolution jpegs, and use those?

The advantage of the jpeg is that I will not have my image sequence in the format 16:9, so I will be able to zoom and pan using after effects manipulation, however, they are much much larger.

One issue I have is that I'm often shooting portrait rather than wide, so I can run 2 shots side by side, but your export presets from sideshow are all in the 16:9 format, so that immediately crops out some of the image that I want to keep.

What are your thoughts on what I am suggesting?
Use the presets whenever, or use individual exported images so I have more control?

Thanks

Hamish
#2 Gunther
Both will work. Usually exporting from Lightroom is faster and saves Harddrive Space, but Lightroom only exports 16:9. If you need more flexibility either you export intermediate JPGs or (that's my recommendation) you just open the image sequence after writing thex XMPs in LRTimelapse directly in After-Effects. After Effects is perfectly capable to read a RAW-file Sequence and will apply all editing you made in Lightroom before. Just take care, that you have the latest Updates installed!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 hamishniven
Thanks for the feedback, I will go down the intermediate jpeg route. Really looking forward to getting this project done, it's being very interesting but each 15 second sequence is taking about 45 mins to finally create as a jitter free sequence of individual jpegs, it's taking so much longer than I anticipated. And then the exporting the individual frames is making over an hour per sequence.

But it will be worth it.

...also check out: