• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Filter Presets Not Installing in LR (Mac OS 10.9)

Question
#1 AlanDyer
I have installed v3.4 and the Add-ons onto my Mac (running 10.9 Mavericks) but no LRTimelapse presets for the Filters get installed into Lightroom's Filter Preset folder and so no LRTimelapse filters show up in Lightroom under its drop-down Filter menu at bottom right. Other add-ons are installed fine.

The Filter Presets folder sits in Library>Application Support>Adobe>Lightroom, which I think is the standard location on Macs. If I could just get the LRTimelapse Filter Preset file I could install it in the right place myself. The Add-On installer doesn't seem to be doing the job.

I've searched the Forum for similar comments and didn't find an answer, only notes on where the Filter Preset should be. But it's not there.

Thanks!
— Alan Dyer

My website
amazingsky.com

My blog
amazingsky.net

My Vimeo Channel
AmazingSky on Vimeo

#2 Gunther
Did you check this thread?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt3...-lightroom
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AlanDyer
Hi Gunter
I had checked those threads but missed the comment about looking in the Temp folder. I found that at the root level and saw all the files there, all in the correct folder structure, that I was then able to copy manually to the correct locations.

So issue solved but ... it would seem that your Add-Ons installer for Macs is not putting the presets into the correct locations despite, as in my case, the Adobe Lightroom directories all being in the correct places. If this can't be fixed in the Installer for whatever reasons then you might want to add more clear instructions about how to manually install the files, so users don't have to go through a Forum search and query to get the software to function. I'm guessing you are not beta testing on Macs just Windows PCs.

Anyway, problem solved for now! Danke, Alan

PS -- and thanks for the great software!
— Alan Dyer

My website
amazingsky.com

My blog
amazingsky.net

My Vimeo Channel
AmazingSky on Vimeo

#4 Gunther
Glad you got it working.

I do test on Mac, and from the feedback I get, in 99% it seems to work flawlessly. Obviously the copy script was not able to copy on your machine successfully for whatever reason - but I'm glad it's working now for you.
#5 edwarddebruyn
99% ok, but "lua" problem on my two Macs when i try the export to movie out of lightroom to LRT.
Both Macs have the latent updates of all software
Is this the 1% missing ?
#6 Gunther
Hi Edward, no, I don't think so.
What "Lua" Problem are you talking about?
I need some more information to be able to help you.
Do the filters appear in Lightroom? Do the Export Plugin appear in the Library Export module?
What are you doing? What is happening?

Maybe you could open another thread since this seem to be another problem.

Thank you!
#7 edwarddebruyn
The export plugin is visible in lightroom and use this.

Lrt app selected
Temp selected
Render with last settings not

On export works ok in LRTfor preparing to send to lightroom

It's when lightroom takes over that I receive the "lua" export error.
At work for the moment so can't say more.

And in lightroom do see the stars after processing trough LRT but don't have the 3 gradient filters anymore ( since last update).
So I use gradient from lightroom, maybe this is the problem

...also check out: