• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro

#1 D_Ng
Hello,

I just just start learning LR time lapse. Could some experience users be able to advise me whether Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro + After a Effect would be more easy to learn and more match with the work flow of LR Timelapse please.
Look like Adobe is going towards Creative Clouds but I am not using very frequently warrant to pay every month.
Thanks in advance.
Danny
#2 Gunther
I don't know final cut pro, but Premiere Does a good job. Since LRTimelapse does all the time lapse part and you need the video editor only for putting together the sequences and adding music, you don't need After Effects at all (only reason would be stabilizing, but you can cheaper and easier take care of stability while shooting) - and for cutting Premiere Elements might be sufficient as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 D_Ng
Gwegner,
Thanks for the reply. Great to know that Preieme Element would be adequate for the job.
Danny
#4 D_Ng
Hello gwegner:
I have tried the basic workshop of LRTIMELAPSE and amazed by the results and simple to use as I am totally new to time lapse.
I notice that the LRTIMELAPSE automatically crop the photos to 16:9. Is there way to avoid applying the crop? I am thinking (May be I am wrong) if I can keep the full size photos to generate the video which will provide maximum space to do crop and zoom in the large size video (output to 2K). Any comment or recommendation.
I read you ebook and notice you don't recommend apply different crop in LR. I did 2 trial video, but don't seem to see some obvious problem. Any chance the latest update of both LRTIMELAPSE and LR5 had taken care of the problem already.

Thanks in advance.
Danny
#5 D_Ng
Gwegner:
Sorry I mean just moving the crop position relative to each frame but without changing the crop size.
#6 Gunther
You can turn that off in the settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 D_Ng
Gwegner:
Thanks. I shall try.

...also check out: