• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First timelapse - issues

#11 Gazpacho
i see okay thanks Wink Thought its for free though Tongue
#12 Ulli
No it's not for free because it's 134 pages full of information with hard work behind it but every Euro or Dollar or whatever for this E-Book ist a good outgo :-)
#13 Gazpacho
oki great! maybe i should get it

my aim is this, like at minute 2.00

but without the movement, just stills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmTbhC1O3s

But i will only be able to use a 5d3 and 24 mm.... Do you think this is possible? (in areas wth black skies with a normal tripod)
#14 Ulli
Learning from the best is a good idea but remember that guys like Randy Halverson are shooting the night sky for many many years so don't be disappointed when your results look not the same at the first trys. There's another ad on the right ;-) Shooting Stars from Phil Hart ...
"Only be able" in conjunction with the 5d MIII seems not to be the right words ;-) It's a great camera and the scenes around 2min looks like captured not with something far shorter than 24mm.
But what you need is an area with really black sky to get such pictures from the milky way - take a look at http://www.darksky.org. You've to see the milky way clearly with your eyes - the sensors of modern DSLRs can see more than we can but they can'r perform magic.
A "normal" tripod is O.K. when used correctly (not to high, solid ground, not to much wind) but that's a completly different shooting situation like you posted before - expore mostly around 30s and interval near to it - no 180°-Shutter in this case. If the 24mm lens is the EF 1.4 you're prepared well to do shots like linked - good luck and dark sky!
#15 Gazpacho
the best? didn't know that. THought he is just some utube guy showing his videos Tongue

I will be in australia and new zealand in some months sooooo i hope to find some really appropriate places Smile

so you think its right to shoot 30 secs and then? how long should the pause be?

Apart from that, what do you mean with 180 degree shutter? I really have no clue Tongue

naah, dont have 1.4, got the 24-70 2.8, hence 2.8 Tongue
#16 Ulli
As mentioned before: Buy the book :-)
Shooting stars I'll try to shorten the pause as much as possible - so if not shooting day2night or something only 1 to 2 seconds.
#17 Gazpacho
okay, maybe i should do that.

Still you u be so kind to explain m e the 180 degree shutter thing? i am curious

...also check out: