• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flicker - and getting smooth foreground

#1 nikonman05
This video
https://vimeo.com/90013813
is shoot with NikonD600-16-35@16 with 4 stop nd-filter+grad ndfilter to get the clouds smooth out. I had to stop down to f11 to get 2 sec exposure at iso100.

Used LRTimelapse 3.2.0 with keyframes and exported jpgs from Lightroom which i imported into After Effects 25 fps. I imported it as a sequence, where i set the still duration to 4 frames and sequence layers with overlap to 2 frames + enabled frame blending.
I exported it from AE to Adobe Media Encoder.

I see there is some flicker, suppose it is because the f11. But there is impossible to get both the foreground and background sharp without stopping down. (I have not tried the LRT deflicker yet, maybe that would solve this?).

It is also some chopping in the foreground, how can i get the foreground smoother?

Thanks for any help! Smile
#2 Gunther
I would recommend you use LRTimelapse, activate deflicker and then export with the LRTExport Plugin from Lightroom and activate "LRT Motion Blur Plus" - this save you from going into after effects and deliver best results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nikonman05
Will this also eliminate the chopping foreground ? It was worse without the things i did in AE.
#4 nikonman05
Gunther, just a question regarding your Deflicker workflow.

I just loaded a sequence which i had worked with in the Basic Workflow, and took in into the Deflicker workflow, but i messed it all up.

The question: Is it best to begin at scratch in Deflicker workflow, and not have done any basic workflow with the images?

Jan
#5 Gunther
Hi, normally this is not necessary. I'm not sure what you mean wit "all messed up" - but as long as you do the steps in the right order, it should be fine. Buttons that are named the same on different workflow tabs do exactly the same. So performing the basic workflow and turning deflicker on later, is pretty fine.
Just try again.
#6 nikonman05
Ok, so i guess there is no need to do the Basic Workflow, if you intend to use the Deflicker Workflow. One of them is enough?
#7 Gunther
That's the idea! First chose the desired workflow, then follow through it.
#8 nikonman05
Tried the LRT Deflicker workflow for the first time, and it worked very good!
Had shot a test sequence with my Nikonlens 16-35 stopped down to F11, and with a exp time of 2 sec.
My video had just a small amount of flicker, but the Deflicker WF got rid of that.
http://vimeo.com/90394222
Very impressive that you have such a great tool!!

...also check out: