• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hardware recommendations

#1 PhilJHolden
[size=medium][font=Calibri]As much as I love LRT it has identified that I really need a new PC as the process can take over my current one for days.[/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]  [/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]I’m not super technical and curious on everyone’s recommendations for a powerful machine that can crank out time-lapse with ease.[/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]  [/font][/size][size=medium][font=Calibri]Could folks give options on what to look for regarding [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri] [/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]CPU[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Motherboard[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Memory [/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]Video card[/font][/size]
  • [size=medium][font=Calibri]SSD Drive[/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri]Much appreciations for recommendations [/font][/size]
[size=medium][font=Calibri]Many thanks[/font][/size]
#2 Gunther
I'd make sure to get a machine with enough memory (16GB) one or better 2 SSD drives - one for startup and one for the time lapse work folder. A fast CPU with good multi core performance is good too.
The graphics card is not so important, unless you are going for a 4K monitor (in my opinion not really necessary).

The bottleneck in the workflow is definitely Lightroom. But unfortunately there is only so much you can do to speed that up...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: