• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 pcalvin
I see that when choosing the Holy Grail method that there is not deflickering offered. How does one deal with flickering using this method? Of is it for flicker free sequences only.

Also, it seems that the HG method panel assumes that you have nailed the exposure, WB, etc in the camera. Is there a way to utilize it, and still make exposure, color, lens correction and other adjustments?
#2 Gunther
1) If you want to deflicker a HG sequence, just activate Deflicker on the Deflicker tab.
I didn't add the Deflicker to the HG-tab because I a) didn't want to make it too complicated and b) I think that HG sequences shot with flicker are not the best starting point to get perfect sequences regardless of how well deflicker works. Try to avoid flicker, wenn shooting if using HG if possible!

2.) No, you first make the HG exposure matching and then just add few 4*** keyframes to get the color and other stuff edited separately. Read the tooltips and try to follow that. I'm currently making a tutorial with in depth explanation, stay tuned.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 pcalvin
The tutorials were a great help with the HG method. I redid a couple of old sequences, and it is a real improvement. After finishing the HG tab tasked, I ran only the deflickering in that tab and then saved again. It seemed to work.

...also check out: