• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holly Grail Workflow - Keyframes

#1 Rowan
Being very new to this, excuse me if I'm missing something.

The Holy Grail Wizard covers off **/*** & **** steps but doesn't appear to cover the cropping (****) stage. At what stage and how should the cropping be done? - [Not mentioned in the Time Lapse shooting and Processing 4th Ed Manual]

It seems to me that one should be able to create all the different types of steps (key frames) in the initial export to LR. Using the specific LR filters one could make all the required adjustment types prior to reloading them into LRTimelapse to continue with the workflow.

[Up to 9 different types of Keyframes could be potentially used (6=Red, 7=Yellow, 8=Green, 9=Blue)]

I don't know if any one has asked for the ability to export/import to/from Excel (.csv) where it would be possible to fine tune the curves and correct small "bumps".

Thanks
Rowan

It would be nice if the installer would check what OS was running and installer the correct version of FFMpeg automatically. I spent hours figuring out why my video exports were failing above 3K Resolution
#2 Gunther
Hi Rowan,
normally LRTimelapse automatically uses the 64bit version of ffmpeg - depending from the java version you are using.

Animating the crop is not supported anymore, it will be removed in the next version. Please see this thread for an explanation:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ken-...rtimelapse

The color labels cannot be used by LRT because they are not being written into XMP by Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rowan
Gunther,

Does this imply that basic cropping to 9x16 aspect ratio, positioning of that crop (vertically) and rotation is being removed from LRTimelapse? Seems to me that this one of the best uses of LR.

This looks like PremierePro/AE etc. will have to become a major additional step in the workflow or should I just be going straight from the LR export into one of them and missing the LRTimelapse video compile section.

Also how will this effect the licensing in terms of resolution ? In post how will I be able to create a cropped HD, 2K,4K movie from a 5184x3456 (?K) pixel movie and what size hardware should I be planning for to accomplish this?

Rowan
#4 Gunther
Rowan, the only thing that does not work and will not be supported anymore is to animate the crop (ken-burns-effekt). You can do this easily with any video cutting program that you will normally be using anyway when cutting different sequences together and adding music.

Of course you can still crop to 16:9 in LRTimelapse and reposition / resize that crop in Lightroom. Just use the same for the whole sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: