• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail detection not working?

#11 Gunther
Info Menu/Show Log.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 sameyeam
Hi Gunther. I was manually stepping a night to day shot this morning. First with ISO, then shutter speed, and then rather impulsively I manually stepped my lens aperture (a manual Zeiss lens) to maintain a slow shutter for the freeway traffic. From reading here I now understand the HG wizard will not pick up the aperture steps, but is there a way to run the HG wizard that will let me manually add the keyframes and then adjust the jumps manually? Thank you!
#13 Gunther
The easiest way wold be to add aperture values for with the lens tagging feature. Just select each individual part that you've shot with a certain aperture and add the value with the lens tagger (metadata menu). Then run the HG-Wizard.
#14 sameyeam
Thanks for that Gunther. When I tried this I found that the menu only offers full stop steps - 5.6, 8, 11 ect. Since I manually stepped in half stops is there a way to add those values - 4.5, 6.7, 9.5 etc.? Thanks!
#15 sameyeam
It just occurred to me that when the aperture value is entered manually it's pointing the HG wizard to look there for a jump. So perhaps the value itself makes no difference? If I stepped in half steps but input fulls steps at each jump I should be ok? Is that right?
#16 Gunther
Half steps are not supported by the HG Wizard at all. The lens tagger offers 1/3 stops. So use the closest value that you find and do the rest with the Deflicker.
And you are right, the values itself are not important, just the relative changes between them.

...also check out: