• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy grail (match total exposure) and deflickering problems

#1 Kazz
I tried this timelapse for a several times but didn't go well (on deflicker and holy grail)
When I did match total exposures on LR but it didn't match very well, so I ajusted manually but still the brightness jumps arond 20,24 and 27sec.

And I did deflicker 10-10 (the slider number) at first but didn't go well so retried in 18-10, I think got better slightly but still flickers.
The attached image from LR is the one after ajusted manually.

I'm doing something wrong or any suggestions for me? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbzEDbD5e4
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I just made some improvements to deflicker ccombined to the Holy Grail. I will publish it in the next days in 2.3 beta 2...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Ulli
Also not seeing the relevant numbers I suppose that the first exposure jump is too high to adjust the two pictures in a way they look equal. Even in the screenshot of LR you can see still differences from the ** to the *** pictures. Did you change the aperture? If so, it's really hard work or just impossible to give the two pictures at the exposure jump the same look.
Theer's a litte strange and relative heavy flickering in the middle of the film - perhaps you can try to adjust the sliders to something like 16-12?

Uli
#4 Kazz
(2013-01-26, 22:18)Ulli Wrote: Also not seeing the relevant numbers I suppose that the first exposure jump is too high to adjust the two pictures in a way they look equal. Even in the screenshot of LR you can see still differences from the ** to the *** pictures. Did you change the aperture? If so, it's really hard work or just impossible to give the two pictures at the exposure jump the same look.
Theer's a litte strange and relative heavy flickering in the middle of the film - perhaps you can try to adjust the sliders to something like 16-12?

Uli

Yea, my exposure change was not really good in this shoot but I didn't change the aperture.
There are small differences between ** and *** but in the video you can see the bigger differences than the screen shot, that's what I'm wondering Smile
#5 Gunther
Currently Deflicker affects Keyframes as well so you might notice differences in the 2 and 3 star keyframes after deflickering. This will be changed in the next version.
#6 Kazz
(2013-01-27, 13:18)gwegner Wrote: Currently Deflicker affects Keyframes as well so you might notice differences in the 2 and 3 star keyframes after deflickering. This will be changed in the next version.

Thanks, I'll wait for that! Smile
#7 Ulli
(2013-01-27, 13:18)gwegner Wrote: Currently Deflicker affects Keyframes as well so you might notice differences in the 2 and 3 star keyframes after deflickering. This will be changed in the next version.
Yeah - nice to read ;-) In a few cases I thought that I've done a really good job
in bringing the two frames together and was wondering about a small flicker in the video. I think it's only noticeable when ther's a steep ramp?

Uli
#8 Gunther
Please check out Beta 2 and tell me about your experiences: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...2-3-beta-2
#9 Kazz
(2013-01-31, 13:53)gwegner Wrote: Please check out Beta 2 and tell me about your experiences: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...2-3-beta-2

Thanks Gunther I'll try!

...also check out: