• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail problem

#1 josedp
Hi,

I´m testing the free version, so it might be my problem; but HG seems to correct in a wrong amount.
In the attached image (LRTL_1) the numbers con be seen, and it over corrects.
I played with the sliders trying so correct less so the day darkens more natural.

Then I shoot another sequence with more shooting adjustments; and did not play with the sliders; neither with Lightroom to see what happens. But it worked wrongly again:

I shot manual only increasing shooter speed as the day darkened. The next attachments shows what happened (after the mentioned actions).

LRTL_2: I load the originals, set key frames away from the orange ones, wait for loading, press HG, press save.

LRTL_3: go to LR, read metadata for all files, do noting, return to LRTL, reload, auto transition, save, visual previews

You program looks just great, it is what I need if I can make it work correctly.

Thanks.
José Manuel.

I can send you any file you request Smile
#2 Gunther
The Holy Grail Wizard works fine, but the adjustments you made on the camera are just too big.
Additionally there might be some tolerances how the camera writes EXIF values.
So - use smaller adjustments (1/3 or 2/3 stops), then use the holy grail wizard - it will use the Exif-Data from the camera for the first rough corrections - then use the visual deflicker, it will smoothen out any residual "jumps" in the pink curve.
Make sure to have installed the _latest_ DNG Converter from Adobe. You can find the link here: http://lrtimelapse.com/install
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 josedp
Thanks for the quick answer.

So, is the recommendation to shoot automatic instead o manual?

A cloud passing by will cause and adjustment that should not be adjusted !

Thats why I tried to keep the manual setting fix the longer the camera renders ok. In my canon 5d Mk iii I use +1,-1 stops. Therefore I have few big jumps. I used to adjust that few jumps manually, as the (contiguous) images should be almost identical it is easy to do.
#4 Gunther
No, I didn't write anything about A/Av mode. You should shoot in M-Mode, but I'd suggest to do smaller adjustments of 1/3 or 2/3 ev.
Especially with Canon sensors, where the dynamic range is rather limited, this will help staying in the dynamic range.

Have you watched my Holy Grail tutorials? http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 josedp
OK Thanks Smile

...also check out: