• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Wizard not seeing all spikes

#1 perkpiks
Hi...I'm new to LRTimelapse4 and following tutorial instructions for Holy Grail workflow. The Holy Grail button seems to recognize only a portion of the graphical changes in my timelapse (which correspond to the changes I made to my camera settings during the shoot, according to Holy Grail method). Please see attached photo: LRT4 misses probably 40% of the spikes...

Any idea what's going on / possible solutions?

(I came across an LRTimelapse 3 thread about changing the threshold in Expert Preferences, which does not seem to be an option for LRT4.)

Thanks in advance for the help!
#2 Gunther
LRTimelape only recognizes changes in Exif - so check the columns for "Shutter speed", "Aperture" and "ISO" in the table. On each frame where one of those values changes LRTimeapse sets the keyframes. I'm sure that where you think it should set more keyframes there are just no changes in those values. So I assume it's working fine.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 perkpiks
Thanks so much for the fast reply, Gunther. You are right! I mistakenly assumed the "unrecognized" spikes were from my camera changes - but they must have been natural shifts in luminance from shifting cloud coverage. Sorry for the false alarm.

...also check out: